C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Shall We Dance

I was just thinking about this movie. I should be gone to bed by now and sleeping, but I guess I just can't sleep right now. I saw the movie a couple weeks ago. It's a remake of an older Japanese film...haven't seen the original, but the new one that I did see is supposed to pretty much be the replica with North American actors in a North American (US) setting. I really liked the movie. I appreciated the dancing aspect of the movie and could feel the intensity of the dancing in the movie, moving my emotions. I love to dance, which is why I probably also really enjoyed the movie. I wanted to get up and dance at some parts, especially when there were big band type swing songs! Latin music too, but I'm not as good at that. And the ballroom, well, I just don't know that style yet.

Well, the movie's not just about dancing. It really is focused on a middle-aged man (Richard Gere) who I guess you could say is going through a mid-life crisis, and decides to take up dancing behind his wife's back. Of course, one of the instructors there is very physically attractive to him (and most men) - JLo's character. And that makes things more interesting. I liked the ending of the movie.
So...shall we dance?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:49 p.m., Blogger ebrian said…

    j.lo is sooo ugly..

     
  • At 7:40 p.m., Blogger C said…

    why do you think she's ugly?? it's a pretty harsh term to describe someone and i'd like to think that God created everyone to be beautiful - whether we think so or not.

     
  • At 8:21 p.m., Blogger ebrian said…

    she looks like a frog, or a salamander

     

Post a Comment

<< Home