NYC
I went in to NYC for the first time this past weekend. Having always just seen it in the movies, it was quite fascinating to see the big city. Times square and the Manhattan area is just so so busy! It's cool, cuz now, I've been to the 'real' Times square, as well as the HK Times square and the Toronto (Chinese) Times sqaure. I got to go into the Toy R Us there too and it's huge. It really is a playground heaven for kids, big and small! There were so many little kids there :) I remember as a kid, my bros/sis and I would love going to Toys R Us just to see all the toys and getting to pick something for myself. This one in NYC also has a ferris wheel in it. I didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty, but did drive by the Empire State bldg and drive through Greenwich Village, the Soho area and Chinatown. I also went to see the broadway musical 'Rent' - interesting...about the life of young ppl trying to make it in NYC - Drew Lachey (from 98 degrees is in it too). I didn't buy anything there while walking around (and it's getting cold out), but it can still cost quite a bit for just driving into the city (with gas, tolls, parking), and then eating decently as well. It was a fun day trip :)
I also got to visit Yale Universtiy (in New Haven, CT) over the weekend. Quite different from my almer mater, McMaster U, but nonetheless, still the 'universtiy' feel. Their bookstore is really fancy, like a Chapters/Indigo...well, it is run by Barnes & Noble...with a coffee shop sit down area at the back.
I went in to NYC for the first time this past weekend. Having always just seen it in the movies, it was quite fascinating to see the big city. Times square and the Manhattan area is just so so busy! It's cool, cuz now, I've been to the 'real' Times square, as well as the HK Times square and the Toronto (Chinese) Times sqaure. I got to go into the Toy R Us there too and it's huge. It really is a playground heaven for kids, big and small! There were so many little kids there :) I remember as a kid, my bros/sis and I would love going to Toys R Us just to see all the toys and getting to pick something for myself. This one in NYC also has a ferris wheel in it. I didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty, but did drive by the Empire State bldg and drive through Greenwich Village, the Soho area and Chinatown. I also went to see the broadway musical 'Rent' - interesting...about the life of young ppl trying to make it in NYC - Drew Lachey (from 98 degrees is in it too). I didn't buy anything there while walking around (and it's getting cold out), but it can still cost quite a bit for just driving into the city (with gas, tolls, parking), and then eating decently as well. It was a fun day trip :)
I also got to visit Yale Universtiy (in New Haven, CT) over the weekend. Quite different from my almer mater, McMaster U, but nonetheless, still the 'universtiy' feel. Their bookstore is really fancy, like a Chapters/Indigo...well, it is run by Barnes & Noble...with a coffee shop sit down area at the back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home