Credit Cards
I've been getting so many calls from credit card companies telemarketing to me, trying to get me to sign up for their credit card. Seriously, I don't need that many cards. I've accepted some, but may not activate them, and others just turned down. Once I start my practice, I'll consider the CIBC Visa Aeroplan Gold Card - it's got an annual fee over $100, but with the amount I may be spending, I could get enough to fly quite frequently since it's a $1 for 1 mile program. I like that. I could accumulate quite a bit and start using my own miles to fly instead of using my parents' miles to fly right now, which is what I'm doing.
Border Crossing
It's almost the long weekend...I just got an email that said the CDN border agents may be striking by tonight and over the weekend leading to delays at the airport and land borders. Great. My bf is flying in from the US on Saturday and just my luck that there will be delays at the border...I really hope they can negotiate this and not wreak havoc at the border for the innocent people wanting to come home to Canada for the Thanksgiving long weekend.
'Child Day' anyone?
Seriously, this grown up world is just way too complicated. Way too complicated. What has happened to the 'child' in us. Things really just seem much simpler as a child. And all these 'adult' responsibilities and complications are really human created and enforced. That's why we have so many legalities and 'rules' to follow as humans. That's why there's borders, jails, institutions, businesses, insurance companies etc...The list can go on and on...There really should be a 'child day'...not for children, but for everyone in the world. For everyone in the world to just stop for a day and become a child again. Drop those worries and grudges, careers, books, palms/blackberries, cell phones, guns, alterior motives, everything...to be a child again...play with your next door neighboor, have some ice cream, watch Sesame street (or sth like that), read a story book or have someone read it to you, draw...could you imagine a day like that? All of a sudden, there would be peace in the world...peace.
I've been getting so many calls from credit card companies telemarketing to me, trying to get me to sign up for their credit card. Seriously, I don't need that many cards. I've accepted some, but may not activate them, and others just turned down. Once I start my practice, I'll consider the CIBC Visa Aeroplan Gold Card - it's got an annual fee over $100, but with the amount I may be spending, I could get enough to fly quite frequently since it's a $1 for 1 mile program. I like that. I could accumulate quite a bit and start using my own miles to fly instead of using my parents' miles to fly right now, which is what I'm doing.
Border Crossing
It's almost the long weekend...I just got an email that said the CDN border agents may be striking by tonight and over the weekend leading to delays at the airport and land borders. Great. My bf is flying in from the US on Saturday and just my luck that there will be delays at the border...I really hope they can negotiate this and not wreak havoc at the border for the innocent people wanting to come home to Canada for the Thanksgiving long weekend.
'Child Day' anyone?
Seriously, this grown up world is just way too complicated. Way too complicated. What has happened to the 'child' in us. Things really just seem much simpler as a child. And all these 'adult' responsibilities and complications are really human created and enforced. That's why we have so many legalities and 'rules' to follow as humans. That's why there's borders, jails, institutions, businesses, insurance companies etc...The list can go on and on...There really should be a 'child day'...not for children, but for everyone in the world. For everyone in the world to just stop for a day and become a child again. Drop those worries and grudges, careers, books, palms/blackberries, cell phones, guns, alterior motives, everything...to be a child again...play with your next door neighboor, have some ice cream, watch Sesame street (or sth like that), read a story book or have someone read it to you, draw...could you imagine a day like that? All of a sudden, there would be peace in the world...peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home