Good 'Ol Friends :)
The sound of familiar voices - exchanging stories, laughing uncontrollably and singing along to favourite songs - fills the air, as the smell of tempura batter and shrimp deep frying in the wok and salmon cooking in the oven gives off an aroma that can make anyone not hungry feel hungry. Not just hungry for food, but hungry for fellowship. A kind of kindred fellowship where old friends meet up once again and just continue on in growing the friendship;
No holds bar, no images to put up, no faking...just being ourselves and just hanging out. This, my friends, is fellowship. Even though we don't meet up that often, whenever we meet up, it's always a great time. We reminisce our days at McMaster, and it doesn't seem as if it's already been over 3 years since we graduated. It seems like only yesterday we were driving in my car listening and singing along to songs (English and Chinese), meeting up for lunches in the caf, going to cool dinners, hanging out in Bates residence, hanging out in the labs we worked in, and of course learning to swing dance. Those were really cool days and I'll never forget them. And even though they've passed, somehow, we've been able to keep in touch and continue our friendships as we grow and live our different lives in different places.
Basically, there's a group of 5 of us...the 'Fabulous Five' as I've once nick-named: Tammy, Elsie, Jeremy, Vinay, Charlene. But Elsie is usually out of town (US for studies) and doesn't visit TO much :( so it's the 'Fab 4' left...Jer's in the US too, but visits TO occassionally, and Tammy and Vinay are in TO like me. After this coming year, most of us will have graduated from our 2nd degrees and will pbbly be out and about and maybe farther apart, but hopefully, we'll be able to go on that trip we plan on going to sometime in the near future (where? we don't know yet...when? don't know yet either...).
I'm very thankful. Very thankful for these friendships God has blessed me with.
On the Flip Side :P
I like hanging out with people...good friends and family. So much so, that it feels weird when I'm not. In this regard, I've seen the need for myself to have more 'me' time and quiet time with God. That's not easy for me as I seem to need to be doing things all the time and wanting to hang out with people or talk to someone. Even in my 'quiet time', I get the craving to do something or find a familiar face/voice to talk to (in res I'd just walk out and run into ppl; or want to call someone) or I need music or something to help; even reading a book (for leisure) is odd for me, though I am starting to read more now...
Well, in all the hustle and bustle of life, I will need to learn to have more time alone and be comfortable with the silence and the feelings of loneliness that comes with it.
Pretty Hands and Feet :)
Today, I went with my sister to the mall and we each got a manicure and pedicure. There was a special going on where you get both for $30 (that's usually the price of just a manicure or pedicure)...So we headed to the salon, and had our hands and feet taken care of today. Soaked in warm baths, then cleaned and trimmed and filed, then painted with pretty colours. The result: soft, pretty hands/fingernails and feet/toenails that smell really nice :)
I was thinking of baking some cookies after that, but didn't cuz I didn'tt wanna get my fingers yucky and get polish into the cookies. Well, the cookies will just have to wait.
The sound of familiar voices - exchanging stories, laughing uncontrollably and singing along to favourite songs - fills the air, as the smell of tempura batter and shrimp deep frying in the wok and salmon cooking in the oven gives off an aroma that can make anyone not hungry feel hungry. Not just hungry for food, but hungry for fellowship. A kind of kindred fellowship where old friends meet up once again and just continue on in growing the friendship;
No holds bar, no images to put up, no faking...just being ourselves and just hanging out. This, my friends, is fellowship. Even though we don't meet up that often, whenever we meet up, it's always a great time. We reminisce our days at McMaster, and it doesn't seem as if it's already been over 3 years since we graduated. It seems like only yesterday we were driving in my car listening and singing along to songs (English and Chinese), meeting up for lunches in the caf, going to cool dinners, hanging out in Bates residence, hanging out in the labs we worked in, and of course learning to swing dance. Those were really cool days and I'll never forget them. And even though they've passed, somehow, we've been able to keep in touch and continue our friendships as we grow and live our different lives in different places.
Basically, there's a group of 5 of us...the 'Fabulous Five' as I've once nick-named: Tammy, Elsie, Jeremy, Vinay, Charlene. But Elsie is usually out of town (US for studies) and doesn't visit TO much :( so it's the 'Fab 4' left...Jer's in the US too, but visits TO occassionally, and Tammy and Vinay are in TO like me. After this coming year, most of us will have graduated from our 2nd degrees and will pbbly be out and about and maybe farther apart, but hopefully, we'll be able to go on that trip we plan on going to sometime in the near future (where? we don't know yet...when? don't know yet either...).
I'm very thankful. Very thankful for these friendships God has blessed me with.
On the Flip Side :P
I like hanging out with people...good friends and family. So much so, that it feels weird when I'm not. In this regard, I've seen the need for myself to have more 'me' time and quiet time with God. That's not easy for me as I seem to need to be doing things all the time and wanting to hang out with people or talk to someone. Even in my 'quiet time', I get the craving to do something or find a familiar face/voice to talk to (in res I'd just walk out and run into ppl; or want to call someone) or I need music or something to help; even reading a book (for leisure) is odd for me, though I am starting to read more now...
Well, in all the hustle and bustle of life, I will need to learn to have more time alone and be comfortable with the silence and the feelings of loneliness that comes with it.
Pretty Hands and Feet :)
Today, I went with my sister to the mall and we each got a manicure and pedicure. There was a special going on where you get both for $30 (that's usually the price of just a manicure or pedicure)...So we headed to the salon, and had our hands and feet taken care of today. Soaked in warm baths, then cleaned and trimmed and filed, then painted with pretty colours. The result: soft, pretty hands/fingernails and feet/toenails that smell really nice :)
I was thinking of baking some cookies after that, but didn't cuz I didn'tt wanna get my fingers yucky and get polish into the cookies. Well, the cookies will just have to wait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home