Chan Clan Family Vacation
What a nice (typical Chan family) vacation at Horshoe Valley that was this past week. It was really a relaxing and great to spend time with my parents and brother and sister (we missed my other bro Ben who's working in Japan and visiting in Hong Kong right now). We go somewhere every year for Christmas (usually Collingwood, but not this year), and we've done this for the past 13 years. I can't believe it. We started skiing when my sister was a 'Tiny Tot', I was just in gr. 9 and now my sister is 18 in university and I'm finishing my 8th year of post-secondary education. Crazy eh?
This past week was:
-lots of sleeping in!
-eating good food (Chinese and Western, eating out and home-cooked)
-desserts and snacks...mmm...
-skiing (good weather conditions)
-working out then going to the sauna and hot tub (that's living the life!)
-Christmas morning (or should I say afternoon?)
-Horse carriage ride (that we won from a draw, so it was free for the family; sweet; though the horses were really really stinky and we were sitting right at the 'head' of the carriage which means right by the horses' butts!)
-shopping (boxing day; oh, the materialism of the North American culture after Christmas day, and sad to say I get sucked in to it...not too much this year though)
-ping pong (winner to 21 stays up, and my dad stayed up the whole time against all of us...man, our skills have deteriorated from those training days when my dad taught us how to play!)
-playing cards (Big 2) with the fam
-trying to cook up new concoctions (e.g. yam things, banana chocolate pudding, teas etc) for the fam to to try (ehehe...); brother Greg wasn't as adventurous in trying my concoctions :P
-watching movies on TV (they had 24 hrs of Mel Gibson on TBS superstation and I think we watched the ending of 'Lethal Weapon 4' like 3 times - if they had 24 hrs of Jacky Chan (or 24 hr Chinese martial arts movies), that'd be cool; we also brought up and watched 'Daddy Day Care' and 'Santa Claus 2' - funny movies)
-going out to watch movies (LOTR: Return of the King, and The Last Samurai); both were very good movies that I'd watch again (especially to see Legolas [Orlando Bloom with his straight blonde hair and bow and arrows] - if anyone has any nice pics of him in LOTR, send em my way! plz)
-watching movies on the way up and back home in the car (with the car's DVD player); we watched 'Spiderman' going there and 'A Walk to Remember' (cried again) on the way back - I love those movies and have pbbly seen each at least 4-5x.
-catching up with my sister and brother and their lives (especially their 'relationship life' stuff); what's crazy is that although they're both younger (5 and 7 yrs), it seems there's a role reversal and they're giving me 'advice' and thoughts on relationships (since they're both seeing ppl and I'm not) - it's really a really weird and strange feeling but enough of that in this blog.
So as you can see, that was a run through of a typical (1-wk timeshare resort) Chan Clan Family Vacation, whether we're in Collingwood, Horshoe Valley, Florida, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Quebec, Pennsylvania etc), it goes like this most the time (except in the summer, we play summer sports instead).
I don't know if this long blog makes any sense to anyone in the world reading this but it sure does to myself, and maybe my sister and brothers :)
Th-th-th-th-...that's alllll folks!
What a nice (typical Chan family) vacation at Horshoe Valley that was this past week. It was really a relaxing and great to spend time with my parents and brother and sister (we missed my other bro Ben who's working in Japan and visiting in Hong Kong right now). We go somewhere every year for Christmas (usually Collingwood, but not this year), and we've done this for the past 13 years. I can't believe it. We started skiing when my sister was a 'Tiny Tot', I was just in gr. 9 and now my sister is 18 in university and I'm finishing my 8th year of post-secondary education. Crazy eh?
This past week was:
-lots of sleeping in!
-eating good food (Chinese and Western, eating out and home-cooked)
-desserts and snacks...mmm...
-skiing (good weather conditions)
-working out then going to the sauna and hot tub (that's living the life!)
-Christmas morning (or should I say afternoon?)
-Horse carriage ride (that we won from a draw, so it was free for the family; sweet; though the horses were really really stinky and we were sitting right at the 'head' of the carriage which means right by the horses' butts!)
-shopping (boxing day; oh, the materialism of the North American culture after Christmas day, and sad to say I get sucked in to it...not too much this year though)
-ping pong (winner to 21 stays up, and my dad stayed up the whole time against all of us...man, our skills have deteriorated from those training days when my dad taught us how to play!)
-playing cards (Big 2) with the fam
-trying to cook up new concoctions (e.g. yam things, banana chocolate pudding, teas etc) for the fam to to try (ehehe...); brother Greg wasn't as adventurous in trying my concoctions :P
-watching movies on TV (they had 24 hrs of Mel Gibson on TBS superstation and I think we watched the ending of 'Lethal Weapon 4' like 3 times - if they had 24 hrs of Jacky Chan (or 24 hr Chinese martial arts movies), that'd be cool; we also brought up and watched 'Daddy Day Care' and 'Santa Claus 2' - funny movies)
-going out to watch movies (LOTR: Return of the King, and The Last Samurai); both were very good movies that I'd watch again (especially to see Legolas [Orlando Bloom with his straight blonde hair and bow and arrows] - if anyone has any nice pics of him in LOTR, send em my way! plz)
-watching movies on the way up and back home in the car (with the car's DVD player); we watched 'Spiderman' going there and 'A Walk to Remember' (cried again) on the way back - I love those movies and have pbbly seen each at least 4-5x.
-catching up with my sister and brother and their lives (especially their 'relationship life' stuff); what's crazy is that although they're both younger (5 and 7 yrs), it seems there's a role reversal and they're giving me 'advice' and thoughts on relationships (since they're both seeing ppl and I'm not) - it's really a really weird and strange feeling but enough of that in this blog.
So as you can see, that was a run through of a typical (1-wk timeshare resort) Chan Clan Family Vacation, whether we're in Collingwood, Horshoe Valley, Florida, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Quebec, Pennsylvania etc), it goes like this most the time (except in the summer, we play summer sports instead).
I don't know if this long blog makes any sense to anyone in the world reading this but it sure does to myself, and maybe my sister and brothers :)
Th-th-th-th-...that's alllll folks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home