C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

We played pictionary last night in the lounge with res ppl. It ended up being the '4th yrs' versus the '1st yrs'...We won :) Then, we played hangman on the pictionary board, using the cards from the pictionary game for phrases to use. It was a lot of fun, and a nice break from the day of clinic, work, and writing up case summaries and preparing for the next day's (today's) work.

I had starfruit last night too...it reminded me of the good 'ol days of summer when we were young little kids and we went to Brunei where my grandparents were living at the time (they're in HK now)...it's a tropical place, so we'd have sooo many tropical fruits, all the time...Mangos, pineapple, starfruit, longan, lychee, ramputan, durian and much much more. My grandparents had some of these fruits growing in their own backyard and each summer we were there, we'd pick them and eat them...fresh and juicy, and non-pesticide sprayed. Yummy.

Should I be in Asia?
I've been having a lot of 'flashbacks' or feelings as if I were in Asia (mostly Hong Kong) for the past 2 weeks, it's weird...everything from sights, sounds, smells will just remind me or make me think/feel as I was there right now. And I've been listening to ALOT of Chinese music over the past week (HK and Taiwan singers).
I think I need to go there sooooon. I haven't been back to HK since 2001. Although I thought I might be going this year in the winter, I think I'll be going next year after I graduate. Will I go just to visit? or will I go back for a long time? a few years to learn more and work there maybe? 5 yrs, 10 yrs, forever?...I don't know...I guess I'll see how I feel next year after I graduate and write my board exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home