C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, August 04, 2003

Thoughts on 'Growing Up'

So as we grow older, we find our separate ways...our own friends, our own support network, our own careers, hobbies, interests, and eventually our own families. We grow together and separately, keeping that one bond of family that ties us together. Growing up in a family of 4 children has been great, and has made it all the more fun! The 4 of us, as kids, would play games and battles, build forts, put together plays, play 'olympics', go toboganning in our backyard, build snow forts, and more, and go on vacations together.

We still go on family vacations together (usually with at least 3 out of 4 of us kids), but as time passes and we grow older, we begin to find our own paths; with our own friends, hobbies, interests and careers. Whenever I come home to Burlington now, I hardly even see my brothers and sister, cuz they're always out when I'm here. My brothers have a lot of friends and are always out and about doing stuff with them, and my sister, after 1 yr of U has many new friends and a bf too (isn't that cute? - I have yet to meet him). I'm happy for them that they have their own friends and support network, and yet kinda sad to see how we're growing up, and eventually, it'll be quite different - but all this is a part of life.

In the past, I used to come home almost every weekend, if not every other weekend in 1st yr (in TO), but now, as time passes and we 'grow older', I come home less than once a month usually. I've found my own friends, support network, hobbies, interests, and a good church and fellowship in TO, which keeps me in TO more too. I guess we're all just 'growing up'.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home