C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Sunday, August 03, 2003

Civic Holiday, Long weekend.

Recovery - on the road to wellness...

Friday, I did end up going to the Genesis/Kyrios BBQ/Praise & Worship night. I was struggling on the way there, starting to really have a headache and feel clammy, but it was manageable. When I got there, I just ate some veggies and stayed away from the bbq'd burgers and hot dogs (though I usually would not cuz I really like bbq), but this would be better for me in the long run. After the dinner/bbq, we played a game where people in each fellowship had to find out the names of 4 people in the other group and their favourite colour and ice cream flavor, and there were prizes of movie posters (from a guy who works at Famous Players)...I won one, and picked the 'How to Deal' Many Moore poster for my brother (G)...I know he'll like it!!! (I'm gonna give it to him when he gets back tonight since I'm at home in Burlington right now). Anyhow, after that, Kyrios (the high school fellowship) led the praise & worship & prayer time. It was quite good; but I was feeling weaker at this point, feeling flushy and clammy, and pbbly hypoglycemic from lack of nourishment by the end of it. I was just gonna leave and take the bus home, but anyhow KevH gave a few of us a ride home who live in that direction, and we popped by a Congee Wong so I could pick up some congee ('juk') that would help my stomach and everything.
Overall, I enjoyed meeting the 'kids' from the high school fellowship, and I hope that when they graduate, they will feel comfortable to come to Genesis fellowship. My favourite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip, and my favourite colour is Purple.

Saturday - sleep in day and rest all day. I made myself sleep as long as I could (until about noon), woke up and stayed in res, ate the rest of my 'juk' and vegetables, watched Simpsons and other TV shows and a movie on TV (basically watched tonnes of TV) and just rested the whole day to help myself recover and feel better. By evening, I felt a lot better, and played/practiced guitar and sang some songs - I'm not very good, and have several cords to learn still, and my strumming is no good...oh well....
Later in the evening, I got a call that A-Ma was organizing to go watch a movie - the just of it is that we ended up going to watch 'American Wedding' at Fairview Rainbow Cinemas (it's cheaper there $6.75)...I didn't want to go at first, but thought...I've been in all day, and it'd be nice to head out for the evening, and it's at Fairview so it's close by and a cheaper movie, so I went. It was a funny movie, and everyone laughed a lot, with quite some 'memorable scenes'...but it's very crude humour, and as e-Bri would put it...'toilet bowl humour and beyond'. But beneath all those crazy jokes, I liked the movie for the funnyness and making me laugh and squirm (at the 'poo' part), and smile (well, cuz hey...it's about a wedding and 2 people getting married, and that's nice stuff) - will they make a sequel to this? something like 'American life' (on being married) or something?
On the ride back...as it seems to be everytime we go toward Yonge/Sheppard area first, we drove past several skunks...and let me say, that was not the first time...there are so many skunks in Toronto, it's crazy!!! just stinks up the whole car and you have to hold your breath so long, and then get over the fact that it's probably absorbed into the mucous membranes of your nostrils and all...ew!

Sunday - woke up to go to church. Was late waking up and was running behind, but in the end, made it in time for service - before it started. Whew! Today's sermon was on 'Making Sense of: Evil'...I think the summary of the whole thing is simply stated: 'that's just the way it is, and will continue to be because there's Satan and his dark forces, and there's free choice/will, but that in the end, ultimately God is sovereign and in control'. There was no Sunday School today because they said it was a long weekend, and they were giving everyone a break to 'have fun'...
After the service, a bunch of ppl went out to eat, but I had to get back to res cuz my parents were coming to pick me up to go out to eat and go home at 1pm...and they were actually on time, arriving at 1pm to pick me up - what a rarity that was. Anyhow, we went to eat at a Chinese Buffet place cuz they just opened and the lunch there is only $5.99 or sth like that until Aug 18. I ate a lot of sushi, and a bit of other stuff and dessert.
After the buffet, we went to Market Village/Pacific Mall to walk around - there was a 'Taste of Asia Festival' on at Market Village, so everywhere was PACKED - the parking lots, the driving areas/entry/exit and the mall and they closed of Kennedy north of Steeles. We walked around, didn't buy anything except some 'little egg things' and these 'egg things with red bean in the middle'...I love those - smell and taste sooo goood!

I was sooo tired afterward, I just zonked out on the way back home here in Burlington. Now, I'm just bloggin on and on...none of my brothers or sister are home - they're all out hanging out with friends. When I'm in TO, I have more of a 'life', and when I'm in Burlington, I have 'no life'...or in a nicer sense, I'm more in a 'retreat' mode or something. Anyhow, I'll pbbly watch a movie on satellite or something with my parents and just do some chillaxing.

Charlene: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, Purple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home