Concert: 'Alan Tam & Hakken Lee' -- ('Zuo Lun Yao Lee')
It really really felt as though I was in Hong Kong yesterday as I sat in the ACC with 8000 other Chinese ('HK') people there to listen to and watch Alan Tam (Tam Wing Lun) and Hakken Lee perform and sing their songs, old and new. Yes, 8000 Chinese people all in one place. The ACC was filled at the lower section and on the central floor, everyone staring toward the stage, singing along, some dancing along, waving our hands in the air and some with glow sticks moving back and forth to the beat of the songs.
I really enjoyed the concert. I went with my sister and mom and dad. We originally had $68 tickets, but one of my dad's friends exchanged their $108 tickets for ours cuz we had Friday tickets...but we didn't need to pay the difference, so that was a deal! We still weren't that close, but they were pretty good seats. Both the singers are familiar faces in the HK entertainment world. Alan Tam has been around longer, and has more experience, singing truly with a passion in his songs...you can see it on his face and in his body language when he performs. He's aged a bit...and you can see that on his face and body as well. [He's about my parents' age]...
Now, for Hakken Lee, he's younger (mid 30's)...been around a while, and has performed alot...He's got a great voice too and dances cool. Only thing is sometimes he's almost expressionless on his face and his body language when he sings...improve that, and he's got the works. He's looking good these days; as he's getting older, he's looking better - face and build ;)
My other 'new' music obsessions these days is with this Mandarin song (duet) by Jay Chou and Wen Yuan (sp?) - 'Zai Ou Ding Chiang Je Ni De Ge' (Singing your [love] song from the roof top)...One really good song :) I was thinking about this song as a couple of friends in res and I went up to the rooftop of the school (we kinda snuck up there cuz the stairwell door to the roof was open) and walked around looking at things in a 'new perspective'...ehehe - that was a lot of fun!
It really really felt as though I was in Hong Kong yesterday as I sat in the ACC with 8000 other Chinese ('HK') people there to listen to and watch Alan Tam (Tam Wing Lun) and Hakken Lee perform and sing their songs, old and new. Yes, 8000 Chinese people all in one place. The ACC was filled at the lower section and on the central floor, everyone staring toward the stage, singing along, some dancing along, waving our hands in the air and some with glow sticks moving back and forth to the beat of the songs.
I really enjoyed the concert. I went with my sister and mom and dad. We originally had $68 tickets, but one of my dad's friends exchanged their $108 tickets for ours cuz we had Friday tickets...but we didn't need to pay the difference, so that was a deal! We still weren't that close, but they were pretty good seats. Both the singers are familiar faces in the HK entertainment world. Alan Tam has been around longer, and has more experience, singing truly with a passion in his songs...you can see it on his face and in his body language when he performs. He's aged a bit...and you can see that on his face and body as well. [He's about my parents' age]...
Now, for Hakken Lee, he's younger (mid 30's)...been around a while, and has performed alot...He's got a great voice too and dances cool. Only thing is sometimes he's almost expressionless on his face and his body language when he sings...improve that, and he's got the works. He's looking good these days; as he's getting older, he's looking better - face and build ;)
My other 'new' music obsessions these days is with this Mandarin song (duet) by Jay Chou and Wen Yuan (sp?) - 'Zai Ou Ding Chiang Je Ni De Ge' (Singing your [love] song from the roof top)...One really good song :) I was thinking about this song as a couple of friends in res and I went up to the rooftop of the school (we kinda snuck up there cuz the stairwell door to the roof was open) and walked around looking at things in a 'new perspective'...ehehe - that was a lot of fun!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home