Wow. I can't believe it's March already. Spring is just around the corner, I hope.
I went to Missionfest yesterday. The praise & worship time with Chris Tomlin was awesome! just awesome :) The message by Dr.Joseph Stowell was good too. The main thing I remember was that there are 2 things that keep ppl from remaining on their 'mission' in life (to follow Christ)...1) Discouragemtent and 2) Distractions. I have to admit that I get a bit of both sometimes, and often 2 more...His final comment was about Jesus asking Peter 'Do you love me?' and 'if you love me, then tend my sheep' (meaning: care for what I care for, which is people)...'are you caring for people' or more for the 'distractions' in your life???
...that was the question...that was the challenge.
Thursday night I went to see 'The Quiet American' (finally, I got to use my cineplex gift certificate). It was generally a good movie. A bit heavy, with some vivid scenes of war (vietnam)...I thought it was an ok good movie...but would not normally pay $13.50 to go see it. But on that note, I normally would not pay to see any movie for that price. That's what Tuesday cheap movie nights, matinees, and gift certificates are for!! :)
Saw X-men on TV Wednesday night. I saw it when it first came out - So good! I can't wait to see X-Men 2. hmmm...I think there's some good summer movies coming out this year eh?! Summer time movies, here I come!! ehehe :)
I went to Missionfest yesterday. The praise & worship time with Chris Tomlin was awesome! just awesome :) The message by Dr.Joseph Stowell was good too. The main thing I remember was that there are 2 things that keep ppl from remaining on their 'mission' in life (to follow Christ)...1) Discouragemtent and 2) Distractions. I have to admit that I get a bit of both sometimes, and often 2 more...His final comment was about Jesus asking Peter 'Do you love me?' and 'if you love me, then tend my sheep' (meaning: care for what I care for, which is people)...'are you caring for people' or more for the 'distractions' in your life???
...that was the question...that was the challenge.
Thursday night I went to see 'The Quiet American' (finally, I got to use my cineplex gift certificate). It was generally a good movie. A bit heavy, with some vivid scenes of war (vietnam)...I thought it was an ok good movie...but would not normally pay $13.50 to go see it. But on that note, I normally would not pay to see any movie for that price. That's what Tuesday cheap movie nights, matinees, and gift certificates are for!! :)
Saw X-men on TV Wednesday night. I saw it when it first came out - So good! I can't wait to see X-Men 2. hmmm...I think there's some good summer movies coming out this year eh?! Summer time movies, here I come!! ehehe :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home