C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Sunday, February 16, 2003

Abundance of Blessings
God is so good. I am so thankful for everything God has blessed me with. I am thankful for the friends that He has blessed with here in school, at church and fellowship, and old friends. This past week, although extremely busy, was really good and I enjoyed spending time with different (groups of) friends.

For all of last week, each person in our lounge in residence had 'secret valentines' that we had. My secret valentine gave me so many chocolates, teas and notes everyday last week, and then finally revealed herself to me on Friday with a final gift of more chocolates and a frame. So sweet. And we also had candy-grams that we could buy for friends to be delivered on Friday. I got 4 :) That was nice too.

I also received a little quote book entitled 'Love is patient and kind; 1Corinthians 13' from a really good/close friend from school. Very thoughtful - knowing that I like that verse and song (in Mandarin). This was quite unexpected since this friend doesn't usually give gifts to ppl (I think he's more of a 'Quality time' person), but he wanted to give this gift as appreciation of our friendship. So that was very nice!

Friday night was spent at small groups fellowship talking about 'Lessons in Love' and the 5 Languages of Love followed by a dessert potluck. There were soooo many yummy desserts, I didn't know where to start! mmm...lemon merangue pie, choco-chip cookies, coffee cream cake, brownies, timbits, mandarin oranges. There was sooo much leftover, they pretty much gave me everything to take back to res! Needless to say, the goodies disappeared very quickly - hungry stressed students like us could use a dessert or two. The girls in res especially dove for the red/white icing chocolate cupcakes and chewy choco-chip cookies fast!! ;)

Saturday - woke up early and trecked down to UT with KvnH to go learn Medical terminology in Cantonese. It was very fun to learn it actually...seemed more fun than those days in Chinese school every Saturday morning as a kid when we were 'forced' to go. It was also nice to have a friend there amongst a crowd of other md and pharm students I mostly didn't know, though did meet some ppl there, and saw DYan there :) that was nice. After that, went to lunch, and then went to the Chinese career fair to sit at the CCNM booth. Right when I got there, they wanted to video a 'representative' (me) to talk about the school and programme. Totally unexpected and caught me off guard, but did the 2-min shpeel with the camera guy literally 1 foot from my face...it went ok :) whew~.

Later in the evening, went to Marche's (@Bayview and York Mills) for dinner with 'Serendipitious' and others. Yummy food and good times. They went karaoke after, I didn't go. Went back to res after and just hung out with 2 friends, chatted, showed them some pictures, snacked, and had an 'orange peel war/fight' ...ahahahah!!! That was hilarious! We're like 24/25-yr olds acting like crazy kids!!
Wonderful!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home