Long Snowy Day
At home now :) Just had a 'hot pot' dinner. Yum :) now, too full, have a headache, and tired :[
I thought I'd get home earlier today. My mom & dad came in from Burlington to pick me up after service in TO at 1:30pm. They were 1/2 hr late -cuz of the snow, I was sitting there in the big front foyer of T3C watching everybody leave - there was almost no one left by 1:30pm. I was quite bored and lonely :[ We went to eat Malaysian food for lunch at Metro Square :]
I thought we were heading home after that, but we went to my dad's dental clinic in Richmond Hill so he could fix my mom's teeth. Of course, they picked today cuz they wanted me to be there to be the 'dental assistant' which has been my role since I was a kid. I used to love this 'job', but this time I really didn't wanna do it, but being the 'good kid' I am, I did. I was quite tired and restless while helping beside my dad, and had to take a nap too in between. hehe. I was just wayyy tooooo tired!
Anyways, it was then when I saw that I'm happy with the profession I've chosen to follow, and can see how that year when I applied to dental school and my application package and transcripts got lost in the mail happened for a reason. Could you imagine, one day if was a dentist, and 1/2 way through treating a patient I said, "excuse me for a moment while you lie here in the chair with your mouth open, I'm tired, so I'm gonna take a nap. Be back in 10." Ha!! However, let me rebut myself here. I do like this profession, and if I were to go into it, it'd be an 'easy' career life for me, especially with starting up, and I have seriously considered applying again, or going after finishing naturopathic medicine...but then I don't think I will...I like NM, and the challenges of helping ppl in that way.
Well, whatever happens, happens...
Conclusion: "Everything happens for a reason."
The snow hit pretty hard today (starting from last night). When AT and I went to pick up N for service this morning, we got stuck going uphill. It was funny, but also kinda scary. Then we backed up, and went the other route out, which was better cuz trees surround the road blocking the snow from falling in between. ~WHEW~ When we got to church, there weren't as many people, but there was still a fair amount of ppl who trecked through the snow to get to service this morning.
The sermon by pastor VL was about: "Living with Loneliness". The basis of it was from Genesis - Adam and Eve, that "it is not good for man/ppl to be alone". We were meant to be in relationships with God and others. 3 institutionalized relationships are marriage, the family and the church. We are to seek healthy relationships with 1-God (Christ understands), 2-Self (what are our needs?), 3-Others (who can help meet those needs, genuinely - he suggested fellowships and small groups). And with these (esp 1), we can overcome loneliness, which 'can be temporary'. Some of the sermon was a bit scattered, and afterward some people were like, so what was the main point...? are we supposed to start match making or something? haha!
I went to Daffydil 2003 last night. Went to see it with some friends, and a friend was in the show :) [Daffydil is the annual show put on by the UofT med students, a variety 'broadway type' show full of singing, dancing, bands, acting, to raise money for Cancer Research]. Like last year's show, it was great!! A lot of laughs and good entertainment. Such talented people!!
Woh, I'm noticing that I tend to write quite long blogs (as some have told me as well). It's probably boring alot of yas, and then no one reads this anymore - whoever actually reads all of this, wow and kudos to yas!! Anyway, I find it very nice for myself to just sit down and write and write about my thoughts and life as a reflection, about the good, the bad, the funny, the weird, the pointless...
So even if it's just for me to write and read, it's all good :)
At home now :) Just had a 'hot pot' dinner. Yum :) now, too full, have a headache, and tired :[
I thought I'd get home earlier today. My mom & dad came in from Burlington to pick me up after service in TO at 1:30pm. They were 1/2 hr late -cuz of the snow, I was sitting there in the big front foyer of T3C watching everybody leave - there was almost no one left by 1:30pm. I was quite bored and lonely :[ We went to eat Malaysian food for lunch at Metro Square :]
I thought we were heading home after that, but we went to my dad's dental clinic in Richmond Hill so he could fix my mom's teeth. Of course, they picked today cuz they wanted me to be there to be the 'dental assistant' which has been my role since I was a kid. I used to love this 'job', but this time I really didn't wanna do it, but being the 'good kid' I am, I did. I was quite tired and restless while helping beside my dad, and had to take a nap too in between. hehe. I was just wayyy tooooo tired!
Anyways, it was then when I saw that I'm happy with the profession I've chosen to follow, and can see how that year when I applied to dental school and my application package and transcripts got lost in the mail happened for a reason. Could you imagine, one day if was a dentist, and 1/2 way through treating a patient I said, "excuse me for a moment while you lie here in the chair with your mouth open, I'm tired, so I'm gonna take a nap. Be back in 10." Ha!! However, let me rebut myself here. I do like this profession, and if I were to go into it, it'd be an 'easy' career life for me, especially with starting up, and I have seriously considered applying again, or going after finishing naturopathic medicine...but then I don't think I will...I like NM, and the challenges of helping ppl in that way.
Well, whatever happens, happens...
Conclusion: "Everything happens for a reason."
The snow hit pretty hard today (starting from last night). When AT and I went to pick up N for service this morning, we got stuck going uphill. It was funny, but also kinda scary. Then we backed up, and went the other route out, which was better cuz trees surround the road blocking the snow from falling in between. ~WHEW~ When we got to church, there weren't as many people, but there was still a fair amount of ppl who trecked through the snow to get to service this morning.
The sermon by pastor VL was about: "Living with Loneliness". The basis of it was from Genesis - Adam and Eve, that "it is not good for man/ppl to be alone". We were meant to be in relationships with God and others. 3 institutionalized relationships are marriage, the family and the church. We are to seek healthy relationships with 1-God (Christ understands), 2-Self (what are our needs?), 3-Others (who can help meet those needs, genuinely - he suggested fellowships and small groups). And with these (esp 1), we can overcome loneliness, which 'can be temporary'. Some of the sermon was a bit scattered, and afterward some people were like, so what was the main point...? are we supposed to start match making or something? haha!
I went to Daffydil 2003 last night. Went to see it with some friends, and a friend was in the show :) [Daffydil is the annual show put on by the UofT med students, a variety 'broadway type' show full of singing, dancing, bands, acting, to raise money for Cancer Research]. Like last year's show, it was great!! A lot of laughs and good entertainment. Such talented people!!
Woh, I'm noticing that I tend to write quite long blogs (as some have told me as well). It's probably boring alot of yas, and then no one reads this anymore - whoever actually reads all of this, wow and kudos to yas!! Anyway, I find it very nice for myself to just sit down and write and write about my thoughts and life as a reflection, about the good, the bad, the funny, the weird, the pointless...
So even if it's just for me to write and read, it's all good :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home