Yay! it's reading week :) good 'ol reading week! this'll be the last reading week I'll ever have here at CCNM. It's nice to have this week off to do other things besides go to class and study and what not. BUT, this'll be a 1/2 week for me cuz I'm taking the Bowen therapy course that has some of its classes this week (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun) which means I have to come back to TO on Wed, and I'm not going home til Sunday after church service at T3C...so I'm hardly gonna be at home :P
My dreams this week were interesting. I dreamt that our family went on a cruise again, and I could feel the ship moving up 'n down, up 'n down the whole time in my dreams. Ew!!! That was the only thing I didn't really enjoy when we went to the cruise to Alaska last summer. Anyways, so at the end of that dream, I was planning my wedding with a guy and my family was there too, trying to work out the financial stuff too. All of it was in Cantonese too. huh?...that was really weird (please note here, I am NOT planning any sort of wedding in real life any time soon! I don't even have a boyfriend, and that would pbbly be a logical step toward planning sth like this, wouldn't you say? lol).
Next, I remember having a dream where all my friends from fellowship were at my home in Burlington, all hanging out and having a party. I can't remember who, but 2 ppl came and they had got engaged that night, so we were all celebrating. And then, another guy who was there was planning to propose to his girlfriend that night too and had set up everything in my brother's room where he'd ask her to marry him. weird. Funny thing is, these 2 friends are a real life couple...hehehe!!! I wonder when I'll be attending their wedding?? hehe. I'm betting that it'll be soon!! :)
On this marriage note, I can't count how many conversations I've had in the past couple of weeks where people bring up this topic (not me), especially those who are dating and older than me. And they almost always say to me, 'Ah, you're still so young, yadeee, yadee, yadee'...yup, I amm hehe :) But then, would you say that all those friends that I have getting married this year are 'too young' cuz they're so young? I don't think so. Well, everyone's different, and everyone goes through different stages of their lives at different times. I'm still studying, while other friends are working, and seems like the timing is good for them, so that's cool.
Okay, enough talk about this stuff! It makes me feel old...Am I getting old? aiyah.
Yesterday at fellowship we had a workshop on servanthood. Sharing and talking about what principles underly serving, reasons for serving, and what are the needs of the community and people around us; quite similar to the small group study last Friday on the love languages. I think God's telling me something. Something about serving. Compelling me to serve in some (greater) capacity than I am now, which is next to none. In many ways, like through conversations, sermons, workshops, I feel God's calling to serve Him whether it'll be in the fellowship, at church, at school, I don't know. I have an idea of what interests me, and of some of the spiritual gifts I have been given, but I'm not sure where they're leading me at the moment. I had taken 'a break' from doing anything in terms of 'Christian serving' this past year, and a 'huge break' since leaving McMaster almost 3 years ago now, where I served a lot in CCF and in my home church to a point of 'too much' and I felt almost 'burnt out' and was just doing doing doing instead of being being being. That was a learning experience for me, and now I think I am ready to do and be, with a balance -- With God's help and love.
My dreams this week were interesting. I dreamt that our family went on a cruise again, and I could feel the ship moving up 'n down, up 'n down the whole time in my dreams. Ew!!! That was the only thing I didn't really enjoy when we went to the cruise to Alaska last summer. Anyways, so at the end of that dream, I was planning my wedding with a guy and my family was there too, trying to work out the financial stuff too. All of it was in Cantonese too. huh?...that was really weird (please note here, I am NOT planning any sort of wedding in real life any time soon! I don't even have a boyfriend, and that would pbbly be a logical step toward planning sth like this, wouldn't you say? lol).
Next, I remember having a dream where all my friends from fellowship were at my home in Burlington, all hanging out and having a party. I can't remember who, but 2 ppl came and they had got engaged that night, so we were all celebrating. And then, another guy who was there was planning to propose to his girlfriend that night too and had set up everything in my brother's room where he'd ask her to marry him. weird. Funny thing is, these 2 friends are a real life couple...hehehe!!! I wonder when I'll be attending their wedding?? hehe. I'm betting that it'll be soon!! :)
On this marriage note, I can't count how many conversations I've had in the past couple of weeks where people bring up this topic (not me), especially those who are dating and older than me. And they almost always say to me, 'Ah, you're still so young, yadeee, yadee, yadee'...yup, I amm hehe :) But then, would you say that all those friends that I have getting married this year are 'too young' cuz they're so young? I don't think so. Well, everyone's different, and everyone goes through different stages of their lives at different times. I'm still studying, while other friends are working, and seems like the timing is good for them, so that's cool.
Okay, enough talk about this stuff! It makes me feel old...Am I getting old? aiyah.
Yesterday at fellowship we had a workshop on servanthood. Sharing and talking about what principles underly serving, reasons for serving, and what are the needs of the community and people around us; quite similar to the small group study last Friday on the love languages. I think God's telling me something. Something about serving. Compelling me to serve in some (greater) capacity than I am now, which is next to none. In many ways, like through conversations, sermons, workshops, I feel God's calling to serve Him whether it'll be in the fellowship, at church, at school, I don't know. I have an idea of what interests me, and of some of the spiritual gifts I have been given, but I'm not sure where they're leading me at the moment. I had taken 'a break' from doing anything in terms of 'Christian serving' this past year, and a 'huge break' since leaving McMaster almost 3 years ago now, where I served a lot in CCF and in my home church to a point of 'too much' and I felt almost 'burnt out' and was just doing doing doing instead of being being being. That was a learning experience for me, and now I think I am ready to do and be, with a balance -- With God's help and love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home