Darn papercuts...so small and so annoying!! Argh! The worst are the thicker paper or plastic ones and when I get them in the webs of my hands, between my fingers! :(
Finally, I have a bit of time to sit and blog. Been up very late pretty much this whole week :( I just wrote my Emergency Medicine mid-term exam. Didn't sleep much last night - we have an assignment (2 Lab interpretation reports) due today, went to class#1 of the Healing Prayer course at Danforth Baptist downtown TO that just started (very good!! and is every Wed for 12 wks), and when I got back last night, got updated and talked about next year's NSA nominees/elections with other NSA members, and at 1:30am last night, I was only 1/2 way through the Emerg Med material. Ahhhhhhhh! I finished studying at 3:30am (going through it once) with 'head-bops' in between. Woke up at 8:15am for 8am Practice Management class (I like this class, so it's worth waking up for, even though I was late for class). Skimmed through the Emerg Med notes in 5min before the test. It went well, I think, I hope...
It's hard being on the student council (NSA). You put alot of time and energy and thinking into it, and alot of things we do are not seen, and we sit in meetings constantly, without having concrete results that people can see and appreciate. Yesterday, another student was so negative and complainy in a crude way about all the past and this year's NSA that we've done nothing and done everything wrong...that was hard, I had to bite my own tongue to keep from lashing out and responding in the same way against her...but I respect her thoughts and opinions (not so much in her delivery of those thoughts though)...Many other students however are impressed and happy with how things were this year, and in comparison to previous years, there have been huge strides and it only gets better each year. Politics man...this year only...Next year (4th yr, my last yr), I'm changing my focus and using my time and energy in different areas.
Some things I learned this year: you can't please everyone and people aren't perfect.
Humility in serving is necessary.
Finally, I have a bit of time to sit and blog. Been up very late pretty much this whole week :( I just wrote my Emergency Medicine mid-term exam. Didn't sleep much last night - we have an assignment (2 Lab interpretation reports) due today, went to class#1 of the Healing Prayer course at Danforth Baptist downtown TO that just started (very good!! and is every Wed for 12 wks), and when I got back last night, got updated and talked about next year's NSA nominees/elections with other NSA members, and at 1:30am last night, I was only 1/2 way through the Emerg Med material. Ahhhhhhhh! I finished studying at 3:30am (going through it once) with 'head-bops' in between. Woke up at 8:15am for 8am Practice Management class (I like this class, so it's worth waking up for, even though I was late for class). Skimmed through the Emerg Med notes in 5min before the test. It went well, I think, I hope...
It's hard being on the student council (NSA). You put alot of time and energy and thinking into it, and alot of things we do are not seen, and we sit in meetings constantly, without having concrete results that people can see and appreciate. Yesterday, another student was so negative and complainy in a crude way about all the past and this year's NSA that we've done nothing and done everything wrong...that was hard, I had to bite my own tongue to keep from lashing out and responding in the same way against her...but I respect her thoughts and opinions (not so much in her delivery of those thoughts though)...Many other students however are impressed and happy with how things were this year, and in comparison to previous years, there have been huge strides and it only gets better each year. Politics man...this year only...Next year (4th yr, my last yr), I'm changing my focus and using my time and energy in different areas.
Some things I learned this year: you can't please everyone and people aren't perfect.
Humility in serving is necessary.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home