C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Ahhh...I'm on my study 'break' right now - can I say this is a busy week or what? I'm paying for the 'procrastination' days of January and this past weekend of doing NO work whatsoever. Sunday's CCDS (Chinese Canadian Dental Society, correction: NOT the 'CDA' as mentioned earlier) Chinese New Year lunch at the Mandarin was great (it was at Woodbine/7, not Yonge...-my TO geography is way off, eheh). Yummy and filling. *Filling* - I ate quite a bit. I normally don't eat so much, but you gotta always have room (or make room) for desserts when you go to buffets, right? After several dishes of food, a pop (included with the meal), and a magic show (for the kids and big kids), my sister and I headed for the dessert zone. I wish I could eat every selection of dessert every time I go to buffets, but by the time I get to that stage, I'm way too full, and have to be selective as to which ones I choose: always 'sweet steamed egg', ice cream (of at least 2 diff flavours) and 1 fruit (watermelon...). And this time, I also got a 1/4 waffle to go with the ice cream, a coconut puff/puddingy thingy, and a chocolate covered creme puff...mmm...I was very full and satisfied after that, almost too too full (you know that painful feeling where you almost can't breathe properly anymore...ahhhh!) - I didn't get to that point this time :) whew~

Anyhow, so afterward I was dropped back off at res here in TO, and tried to study. I was sooo sleepy (pbbly combo of not enough sleep and ate too much), so I took a LONG nap (like 6-11pm, eek). I woke up and studied til ~2am and went to bed officially. Needless to say, I didn't get much studying in for my Tues morning Nutrition exam, or for any other exam that I have this week :P But, it'll be ok...I'm hoping that old 'photographic memory' of mine will kick in again at some point!! haha!

Check out this week's schedule:
Monday - went to Chinese press conference for 'career fair' to promote my school and naturopathic medicine; got to give a 1 min speech I put together 10 min before cuz didn't know I had to speak (in Mandarin I might add) and have a group pic taken for the newspapers/magazine...wonder if it'll publish? anyhow, I stayed up til 3:30am studying
Tuesday - Nutrition exam 8am (wahhhh! too early man!), stay up studying til...--am?
Wednesday - Women's Health exam, clinic observ'n shift, NSA meeting (too long)
Thursday - CES assignment/case prep due
Friday - Pediatrics exam, small group potluck (I'll just buy sth pbbly) & sharing (only me I think - sth on devotions or sth...)
Saturday - Chinese Medical terminology workshop at UofT, then sit at the CCNM booth at a Chinese Career Fair at Mel Lastman Square.
--sleep--

I need to develop my roll of film with pics from the recent school formal, winter retreat and all the way back to the Genesis Summer retreat (Aug 2002) - Li battery died in btwn and didn't replace til Jan :P

What a fun week...Well, I should get back to studying now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home