HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRG!! yay, it's my brother's birthday today...he's turning 20...! he can't believe that he's 20, that he's no longer in his 'teen' digit years...I can hardly believe that my little brother is 'grown up' to be 20 too. Time flies. I wanted to say to him yesterday, "the next 20 years of your life will go even faster" but held back on that, cuz I wouldn't know since I'm not 40, and that would freak me out too. Also everytime a conversation goes to 'being old' among us 4 kids, they ALWAYS bring it back to me that I'm the 'oldest' and almost a quarter century old - how lovely...
I remember turning 20. I was in 3rd year at Mac and some friends and I went to East Side Marios at University plaza to go and 'celebrate' my b'day, and then went to someone's place afterward for cake and desserts/fruits. What I remember then, was people telling me 'your 20's are a big time for you, you know'...huh? I thought?? 'yah, it's the time where you'll graduate from University (and from a 2nd program too if you continue studies), start your career, get married, have children - those are major events in one's life that tend to happen for people in their 20's, and if not, then early 30's, which you're one step closer to...' Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed by the thought of those. Wonder if I'll pass on this thought to Grg? hmm...I don't know...cuz as I said, it always comes back to me, especially if my mom is there...aiyah...! anyways, we'll see... ;)
I went shopping for his gift yesterday. It was gonna either be a new cordless phone, or a DVD. I got him the 'Walk to Remember' movie DVD (I can write this here even though I haven't given it to him yet, cuz he's not likely to be reading this today yet). He loves that movie alot, as do I. I think it's such a good, sweet, romantic, sad, happy movie. My bro, my sis and I all love the soundtrack to it too. We listened to it over and over again (literally) at Christmas when we went to Collingwood, and we didn't get sick of it.
I think I'm gonna go buy that cd today :)
On another note, I had a dream yesterday about NSA. I dreamt that they nominated and voted me in as next year's NSA president, and that the guy who's on NSA this year, running now for pres dropped out for personal reasons. All my NSA buddies would understand if I responded as 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'!!! I'm not up for that kind of role (yet or ever?). Anyhow, that was just a dream, thank God!! I never submitted an application to run again for next year's NSA, and the deadlines are already past. ~WHEW~
I remember turning 20. I was in 3rd year at Mac and some friends and I went to East Side Marios at University plaza to go and 'celebrate' my b'day, and then went to someone's place afterward for cake and desserts/fruits. What I remember then, was people telling me 'your 20's are a big time for you, you know'...huh? I thought?? 'yah, it's the time where you'll graduate from University (and from a 2nd program too if you continue studies), start your career, get married, have children - those are major events in one's life that tend to happen for people in their 20's, and if not, then early 30's, which you're one step closer to...' Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed by the thought of those. Wonder if I'll pass on this thought to Grg? hmm...I don't know...cuz as I said, it always comes back to me, especially if my mom is there...aiyah...! anyways, we'll see... ;)
I went shopping for his gift yesterday. It was gonna either be a new cordless phone, or a DVD. I got him the 'Walk to Remember' movie DVD (I can write this here even though I haven't given it to him yet, cuz he's not likely to be reading this today yet). He loves that movie alot, as do I. I think it's such a good, sweet, romantic, sad, happy movie. My bro, my sis and I all love the soundtrack to it too. We listened to it over and over again (literally) at Christmas when we went to Collingwood, and we didn't get sick of it.
I think I'm gonna go buy that cd today :)
On another note, I had a dream yesterday about NSA. I dreamt that they nominated and voted me in as next year's NSA president, and that the guy who's on NSA this year, running now for pres dropped out for personal reasons. All my NSA buddies would understand if I responded as 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'!!! I'm not up for that kind of role (yet or ever?). Anyhow, that was just a dream, thank God!! I never submitted an application to run again for next year's NSA, and the deadlines are already past. ~WHEW~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home