C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Friday, February 21, 2003

Yup, so I put in an application for a parking permit at the school. There's a waiting list (~30 ppl) right now, but I'm hoping for a spot starting around May, not now. And a lot of spots will open up by then from all the students leaving for the summer...I asked my dad on Monday this past week if I could have my/a car starting this summer instead of getting it (back) after I graduate next May, which was the original plan. My sister's driving the car right now, so me asking for it means that we'd pbbly have to get another car at home so she'd have a car to drive too. That's a lot of cars. For ppl that know our family, they already think we have 'too many' cars. The funny thing was that when I told/asked my dad this, there was total silence from him for a little bit while we were eating at Congee Wong, and then he kinda agreed and thought about it, and it may likely happen. yay! :) ...hmmm, what kinda car should we get now??

Thoughts on having a car:
I used to drive everyday in undergrad to Mac from home, and also be like an 'official' driver among friends. Since moving to TO, I've lived in res and didn't see a big need for a car for which I'd have to pay for parking. I've gotten along quite well these past 3 years in TO without a car, but I think once I start 4th yr in May, I'll have a different schedule with opportunities to venture out to different seminars/workshops, clinics etc, and going home at different times that it'd be much easier for me.

It'd definitely be easier for going to fellowship on Fri's and church on Sun's. Pretty much every week so far, I've had to ask for rides from friends in fellowship for a ride Fri's and Sun's. They're such nice and great ppl, that they do it every week and seem not to mind (I think). But I really feel bad having to 'mah-fan' (bother) ppl ALL THE TIME!! it's not just once or twice you know...and then my church isn't that quick 'n easy to get to by TTC since it's north of the subway line, and with this winter's cold, it wouldn't have been fun. Trying to be involved in the church serving or whatever is hard too cuz my time is more controlled by when and who I have a ride from.

Summer's also a good time for going out, eating out, and eating ice cream. Staying uptown, and going places uptown would be soooo much easier. And I'd love to be able to say, 'hey, let's go to Dairy Queen or sth like that, I'm driving"...No worries about where, TTC/bus etc, and if I wanted to take the TTC say to Yonge & Eglington or downtown, I still could. Or I could drive.

So yeah, maybe wanting a car here in TO is more for non-school stuff, but it'll definitely make my life more convenient and easier here overall :) sigh...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home