What's NEW in the world of C-Me?
Well, I finally have a little time in between seeing people to sit down and write a bit and give a 'Spring Update' on my life. There's quite a few things...
Bought a place! - moving...
Since late February until late March, I was on fire looking for a place to buy. I don't want to rent anymore - I want to put that money into real estate and own my own place. So for pretty much the whole month of March, I was seeing places here, there, everywhere at every chance I could and talking to my realtor and my parents every day or every other day. I saw places all over the greater Vancouver area. Some I liked, some I didn't and my emotions to some places were flying up and down like a rollercoaster. I would get soooo excited about one place, then move on and find another place and get all fuelled up about it until that subsided and then was on the hunt for another. My criteria was 'simple'. Apartment condo in a good, safe area, well-maintained at a good price and fair maintenance fees, and allows rentals (so I can rent it out later - b/c there are many places here that do not allow rentals or have restrictions...I think it's a Vancouver/BC thing, but makes it not so investor friendly). Anyhow, by the end of March, I had finally found a place pretty close to where I am now - put in an offer, eventually accepted; got the mortgage to finance - and now I'm moving in on April 28 (in 3 weeks time!); the closing date is April 26. I just bought my first home! Stressful but fun and exciting!
...more moving...
Talking about moving, at the end of March I also moved one of my clinic/practice locations in Port Moody. It was a simple move, but nonetheless a move. The owners of the previous clinic I worked at decided to go in different directions and close down the clinic, so I moved to the chiropractic clinic/office next door (in the same building). It all worked out well that I could move my practice over quite smoothly without affecting patient care. The set up of the clinic and everything is very similar, and the room I use is about 60% larger :)Still a few things that need to be done in this transition, but overall it's been good.
...a New Car!
Next 'new' thing - I am also buying a new car - my first car! (...that I'm buying on my own...all previous cars were parents' cars and borrowed from D this past year). I'm getting a 2007 Honda Civic DX-G sedan, metallic galaxy grey. woohoo! It's a demo car sale, so I got it at a good price with some discount...It's a 'done deal' with all the papers signed and if all goes as planned, I'll be picking up the car mid next week. I am just waiting for the insurance letter from my ONT insurance company to arrive in the mail to show the insurance company here. I'm hoping and praying that the letter arrives by Tuesday so I can pick up the car on Wednesday :)
Well, I finally have a little time in between seeing people to sit down and write a bit and give a 'Spring Update' on my life. There's quite a few things...
Bought a place! - moving...
Since late February until late March, I was on fire looking for a place to buy. I don't want to rent anymore - I want to put that money into real estate and own my own place. So for pretty much the whole month of March, I was seeing places here, there, everywhere at every chance I could and talking to my realtor and my parents every day or every other day. I saw places all over the greater Vancouver area. Some I liked, some I didn't and my emotions to some places were flying up and down like a rollercoaster. I would get soooo excited about one place, then move on and find another place and get all fuelled up about it until that subsided and then was on the hunt for another. My criteria was 'simple'. Apartment condo in a good, safe area, well-maintained at a good price and fair maintenance fees, and allows rentals (so I can rent it out later - b/c there are many places here that do not allow rentals or have restrictions...I think it's a Vancouver/BC thing, but makes it not so investor friendly). Anyhow, by the end of March, I had finally found a place pretty close to where I am now - put in an offer, eventually accepted; got the mortgage to finance - and now I'm moving in on April 28 (in 3 weeks time!); the closing date is April 26. I just bought my first home! Stressful but fun and exciting!
...more moving...
Talking about moving, at the end of March I also moved one of my clinic/practice locations in Port Moody. It was a simple move, but nonetheless a move. The owners of the previous clinic I worked at decided to go in different directions and close down the clinic, so I moved to the chiropractic clinic/office next door (in the same building). It all worked out well that I could move my practice over quite smoothly without affecting patient care. The set up of the clinic and everything is very similar, and the room I use is about 60% larger :)Still a few things that need to be done in this transition, but overall it's been good.
...a New Car!
Next 'new' thing - I am also buying a new car - my first car! (...that I'm buying on my own...all previous cars were parents' cars and borrowed from D this past year). I'm getting a 2007 Honda Civic DX-G sedan, metallic galaxy grey. woohoo! It's a demo car sale, so I got it at a good price with some discount...It's a 'done deal' with all the papers signed and if all goes as planned, I'll be picking up the car mid next week. I am just waiting for the insurance letter from my ONT insurance company to arrive in the mail to show the insurance company here. I'm hoping and praying that the letter arrives by Tuesday so I can pick up the car on Wednesday :)

1 Comments:
At 2:07 p.m.,
chiquitawonder said…
Wow! Lots happening. Congrats on being a new home owner!
Post a Comment
<< Home