C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Friday, December 15, 2006

weather traffic mayhem

what's up with the weather here in Vancouver recently? it's been crazy with heavy rainstorms, the snowstorm, and yesterday/today's windstorm. This did not happen last year, and so far it's only been a couple months of fall/winter weather and it's been crazy.

I woke up at 4am and continuously for the rest of the night because the wind was so strong and loud and I could hear things being knocked over and repeatedly swinging back and forth. It was annoying and I woke up very tired. Lion's Gate bridge closed due to high winds and fallen trees all over Stanley Park, traffic light blackouts everywhere - the traffic is backed up everywhere; accidents all over b/c people are not following the 4-way stop procedures at blackout lights; I hear police and ambulance sirens everywhere. It's insanity!! I tried to go to work this morning, but after getting into it for 1/2 an hour and getting absolutely nowhere, I realized this would be a waste of time and I'd be sitting in traffic frustrated and tired for at least a few hours so I called work to cancel patients for the rest of the day; then my cell phone battery ran out and turned off as I turned back to head home. So now I'm back home and just relaxing instead.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 a.m., Blogger Clarise said…

    Yikes! Vancouver certainly has freak weather man :S Ontario has been alright. It's actually like 9 degrees and sunny today surprisinlgy :O.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home