C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, December 12, 2005

Singing Christmas Tree, Lights and Chocolate

Sat night: I went to see for the first time the 3rd annual "Singing Christmas Tree" production put on by Broadway Church this past weekend. The huge tree on the stage has almost 100 people from base to top as the choir in which they stand and sing. I wish I had brought my digi cam to take a pic and post it. It's become an annual event here in Vancouver and they put on 8 productions in total as a free event for the community, asking for offering that's donated to CityReach. About 2500 ppl at least were there in that show with people from all walks of life and all kinds of backgrounds. (8x25,00=~20,000 in total!)
The show itself was great and had really good content, focusing on the meaning of Christmas and Jesus' birth. A story of hope given back to a man bittered for years especially at Christmas since the passing of his wife. Really good and gifted people singing too - quite a few very strong singers, esp female, who could belt out songs - ranging from hymn-like Christmas music, to hip-hop R&B style. wow. Dancing ranged from freestyle/improv, tap, ballet, hip hop and breakdance. I felt it really could reach audiences young and old. There were young children pbbly 3 yr old who sat thru the whole play enjoying it too.
It made me teary at the end too. You have to attend it and see it to really feel it and also appreciate the whole effort and show and how cool God is to have brought so many people to 1)put on the show and 2)bring so many people to watch it.

After the "Singing Christmas Tree", we had "Lindtt melted hot chocolate" where I melted Lindtt chocolate truffles into hot rice milk...that was mmmm...

O Christmas tree ! Sunday night I helped to put up and decorate a Christmas tree and the finished product was very beautiful. Nicely placed, organized and well thought out decorations and pretty lights. Made me think of home and miss it (with Buble's song 'Home' humming as the mental background music).

I'll always remember the one we have at home every year. To me it's the best one my dad, sister, brothers and I would put together - All over the place, decorations don't match, funny looking ornaments (that we made as little kids), mismatched colours and textures and the star always slightly lop-sided. But it's the best cuz it would be a great time, and very laid back with tonnes of laughs at how we'd decorate the tree. It was never about the finished product, but about the process of spending time together, laughing and bringing cheer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home