C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Snowy Vancouver

Well, it snowed here in Vancouver and it's only November. I think that's more rare here, but there's been much more precipitation here this year overall and with the drop in temperatures, the snow fell. It's quite a pretty site with the snow over the mountains and on all the huge pine trees. It's like we've fast-forwarded to Christmas already :) It's wet and heavy packing snow which makes perfect snow balls and good for rolling up big ones for snowmen. I saw some kids rolling up a big snowball today and it reminded me of snow days as a child.

The 4 of us siblings would race out and build huge forts (and trust me, they were huge)...why huge? because the snow plows would plow ALL the snow from the whole court at home to the end of the court where we live; and sometimes they would block our whole driveway - not a very nice thing to do - but this would result in a HUGE mass of snow at the corner foot of our drive way. The 4 of us would then go ahead and dig holes throughout this mass, thus creating a wonderful masterpiece of a fort. I saw some little kids new to the court doing this just last year. After the fort, we'd head to the back yard and create paths and 'bumps for jumps' down the little hills for tobboganning and our GT snow racers. Great times! PS. I've always disliked snowball fights (and on that note, water balloon fights), so we never really had those and rarely would I engage in such activities at home and school etc. (Do I sound like a geek or what?)...But seriously, I do NOT like these, so do NOT get me involved, really.

Anyhow, I was able to book a 2-night stay using points at a hotel resort for my dad and sister when they come to BC to visit. I tried to book for the 31st but so far no luck. I also tried for Whistler, but to no avail. They're already fully booked for Christmas week 2006. We plan to go skiing around here and mb one day to Whistler, and just spend time together and hang out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home