C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Old Spaghetti Factory. The Undecided Factor.

"It's All Included" - that's their motto. You order a pasta dish and it comes with a soup or salad, fresh sourdough bread w/spread (all u can have), ice cream and tea or coffee. I ordered the 'Sampler' pasta with 3 different sauces. It's for the 'undecided' bunch of people who can't make up their mind as to what they want. Yup, that'd be me...a lot of the time, especially when it comes to ordering food. It always seems so hard to know what I want to order and I end up taking a long time. My friends would know. I'm a lot better now, right? Or I've resorted to just ordering the SAME thing everytime because that way it's safer and I'll know I'll get what I like. This works for places I've been too. E.g. Mango pudding, Taro BBT, mango salad, pad thai, chicken green curry...these are easy decisions. Beyond those and going to new places - I take a longer time or end up ordering 'on the spur of the moment' but feel so rushed and not satisfied with the order.
I think it's because I just don't want to miss out. I don't want to miss out on what could be the best dish or a better tasting dish or get something I don't like so I sit/stand there mulling over the possibilities until it's a bit ridiculous and I have to order. Ice cream choices would be the worst - although I'm better at that b/c I know I like the black cherry ice cream with chocolate chunks (Lick's has a great one, and Baskin's is the Love Potion 39)...
So, as I get older I become decidedly less undecided...I hope...I think....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:23 a.m., Blogger chiquitawonder said…

    hahahah! I am absolutely the same. I cannot make up my mind when I have to order food or decide where to eat. It's actually become quite the running joke. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home