lock jaw - TMJ
The right side of my jaw is so tight and feels locked. I can't really open my mouth wider than just enough that the width of my index finger can measure. Further than that, the muscles feel so tight and there is a crunching sound. That's what is called "TMJ syndrome". It can happen with stress, colds, injuries and just out of the blue. I tend to grind my teeth and have been a little stressed, and have the start of a cold I'm fighting off - so that probably explains this lock jaw. It's quite inconvenient with eating. I can barely open my mouth to put in, let alone munch on, a sandwich or on baby carrots or on the little tomatoes that I have :( sigh. If I was trying to lose weight I guess this would be useful in portion reduction - but I am not trying to lose weight (just maintain).
I think I'm feeling 'under the weather' because of the cold-damp weather exposure yesterday. Danny also had an Open House at his clinic yesterday so I was there all day helping, running back and forth, in and out of the cold. The open house went well, with a good flow of people and good food. My uncle also popped by so it was nice to see him there.
I was wiped after the open house and went to bed by 9:45pm with a headache. Set my alarm for 8:05am, slept feeling headachey through the night - either I slept through the alarm, or it just didn't go off cuz I got up at 8:50am! My work shift starts at 9am and it takes 1/2 an hour to get to work...good thing I didn't have a patient until 9:30am. I got to work at 9:32am and the patient showed up at 9:35am. Whew. I have all acupuncture visits today (8 of them) so I can rest more because once the acupuncture needles are in the patient, I step out for a bit and let them relax (while I relax). 1/2 way through today. Just need to hold on til 6pm and then go home and rest some more. Feeling ok, not at best, but ok right now.
The right side of my jaw is so tight and feels locked. I can't really open my mouth wider than just enough that the width of my index finger can measure. Further than that, the muscles feel so tight and there is a crunching sound. That's what is called "TMJ syndrome". It can happen with stress, colds, injuries and just out of the blue. I tend to grind my teeth and have been a little stressed, and have the start of a cold I'm fighting off - so that probably explains this lock jaw. It's quite inconvenient with eating. I can barely open my mouth to put in, let alone munch on, a sandwich or on baby carrots or on the little tomatoes that I have :( sigh. If I was trying to lose weight I guess this would be useful in portion reduction - but I am not trying to lose weight (just maintain).
I think I'm feeling 'under the weather' because of the cold-damp weather exposure yesterday. Danny also had an Open House at his clinic yesterday so I was there all day helping, running back and forth, in and out of the cold. The open house went well, with a good flow of people and good food. My uncle also popped by so it was nice to see him there.
I was wiped after the open house and went to bed by 9:45pm with a headache. Set my alarm for 8:05am, slept feeling headachey through the night - either I slept through the alarm, or it just didn't go off cuz I got up at 8:50am! My work shift starts at 9am and it takes 1/2 an hour to get to work...good thing I didn't have a patient until 9:30am. I got to work at 9:32am and the patient showed up at 9:35am. Whew. I have all acupuncture visits today (8 of them) so I can rest more because once the acupuncture needles are in the patient, I step out for a bit and let them relax (while I relax). 1/2 way through today. Just need to hold on til 6pm and then go home and rest some more. Feeling ok, not at best, but ok right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home