Adjusting
I finally have a little bit of time to blog a bit here. I'm in BC now - officially been 2 weeks since I've arrived. I've had 4 work shifts and on my 5th. It's been busy here transitioning into work. Because the ND I'm working with/for is sick and pregnant, I'm here seeing and building my own patient base while seeing her patients as well. Been busy with up to 10 patient visits this past Saturday. I like being busy. People are great here and I'm enjoying work so far.
BC is beautiful. Today is actually sunny...meaning it's been raining ALOT here. Maybe 6 of 7 days a week so far. I'm not so used to the rain. It get to about 2'C so far and they say it doesn't get much colder than that, maybe to -3 or -4 at most. That seems like a big difference from Toronto at -30 in Jan or Feb!
Been out to eat a little bit. Sush/Japanese and Thai food are my favourite types of food and I've tried both. I like 'Sushi Man' here b/c it's cheap, pretty good and super fast. Went to Thai House...it was ok. There's a 'fast food' Thai place in Aberdeen Mall (a Chinese Mall like Pac Mall - but bigger/cleaner with less ppl) and the food at this Thai place ('Ahan Thai') is awesome - the best curry chicken & sauce I've ever had...it's sooo creamy!!!
Haven't been out to find any good Chinese dessert place yet - e.g. for Mango pudding...will post once I find one, if there is one equivalent to the 'Hui Lau San' in Toronto/First Markham Place.
Went to a Mozart Concert yesterday put on by the CBC Radio II at the Chan Centre. It was really good. Yes, it was at "The Chan". That's how they called it. It was interesting and felt weird everytime they said that. "The Chan".
I finally have a little bit of time to blog a bit here. I'm in BC now - officially been 2 weeks since I've arrived. I've had 4 work shifts and on my 5th. It's been busy here transitioning into work. Because the ND I'm working with/for is sick and pregnant, I'm here seeing and building my own patient base while seeing her patients as well. Been busy with up to 10 patient visits this past Saturday. I like being busy. People are great here and I'm enjoying work so far.
BC is beautiful. Today is actually sunny...meaning it's been raining ALOT here. Maybe 6 of 7 days a week so far. I'm not so used to the rain. It get to about 2'C so far and they say it doesn't get much colder than that, maybe to -3 or -4 at most. That seems like a big difference from Toronto at -30 in Jan or Feb!
Been out to eat a little bit. Sush/Japanese and Thai food are my favourite types of food and I've tried both. I like 'Sushi Man' here b/c it's cheap, pretty good and super fast. Went to Thai House...it was ok. There's a 'fast food' Thai place in Aberdeen Mall (a Chinese Mall like Pac Mall - but bigger/cleaner with less ppl) and the food at this Thai place ('Ahan Thai') is awesome - the best curry chicken & sauce I've ever had...it's sooo creamy!!!
Haven't been out to find any good Chinese dessert place yet - e.g. for Mango pudding...will post once I find one, if there is one equivalent to the 'Hui Lau San' in Toronto/First Markham Place.
Went to a Mozart Concert yesterday put on by the CBC Radio II at the Chan Centre. It was really good. Yes, it was at "The Chan". That's how they called it. It was interesting and felt weird everytime they said that. "The Chan".

1 Comments:
At 9:32 p.m.,
ebrian said…
It's good to finally hear from you!
Post a Comment
<< Home