C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Saturday, June 18, 2005

kermit the frog

well, not quite kermit, but I picked KERMIT cuz it rhymes with HERMIT. I feel like I wanna be a hermit, or already am on my to becoming one. Not that I haven't been social or anything like that in the past while, hanging out with friends going shopping and BBT, going to weddings, calling up friends and catching up, emailing friends (does that count?)...I mean, living in B-town doesn't help either. I like where I live, but it hasn't helped my social life. When I was in TO, I was almost always out or hanging out with friends. Not so now. So that's why I feel like a hermit.

Quick update on me:
-Working 12-8pm shifts Mon-Thurs now. Was 12-7pm, but evening spots for patients are filling up so I was asked to open up an extra hour...I thought it was a good idea too. I'll just be home later and eating dinner later now.
-Starting Jul 6, will be taking martial arts coursein TO every Wed night. Exciting! I've always wanted to learn some form of Chinese martial arts!
-I will be a bridesmaid 2 times this year now! For Kelly, and for Tammy too :) What an honour! I've never been one before, so this is quite exciting!
- > 1 yr :)
-NYC wedding was beautiful and fun. Small outdoor Jewish-Chinese wedding with lunch reception/dancing.
-Kev & Suz's wedding last weekend was great too. Live band lots of fun to dance to!
-Said goodbye to Doris last weekend as she heads off to Edmonton for a 5 yr residency - Best wishes!
-Father's Day tomorrow: Happy Father's Day to my dad (he's a great dad, worked hard all his life to provide for a good family and is a good example...I know it hasn't been easy and I really respect and admire all he's done through hardship and good times). I never know what to get for my dad. At this point in his life, he can buy pretty much anything he wants (tho he doesn't), and whatever I buy (or can afford) is just so simple in comparison, but I know it's the thought that counts, so I still buy something every year and try and be creative...just to say thanks Dad :)

Looking forward to:
-Summer weddings, Kelly & Rob (and Kelly's Bachelorette Party!); Tammy & Clinton (and their Jack & Jill) :) ...I can't make it to Stan & Yee Lee's :(
-Montreal Jazz Festival
-Long weekends
-Mini-trips, 1 wk travel in August.
-Summer SG/fellowship
-BBQs and picnics
-More birthday parties
-Outdoor stuff, rollerblading, biking (borrowing one I guess since I don't have one), walks

Kermit: I'm jumping out of the shadows and into the sun of summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home