C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, January 05, 2004

Friday was the first small group meeting with my group. Good discussions. After that everyone recorded something for Eric who is still in the hospital; the tape will be sent this week. 3 other girls and I decided to sing 'Here I am to Worship' for the tape since this is one of Eric's favourite songs. We hope and pray he'll like it (or think it's soo off and funny) and wake up soon.

Saturday was a dinner with family friends. Our family has known the other 2 families there for about 20 years now. All the parents met at the Burlington Montesorri school where they sent the kids (my bros and sister went there), and I guess they chose to meet and became friends because in the beginning when they'd see each other while dropping off and picking up their kids, they'd think, "hey, you're Chinese...let's be friends" and then start chatting away. It's cool...cuz now, when they have the meet ups, I'll go...as long as the other 'kids' are there...otherwise, it's really quite boring.
Whenever we have these meet ups, my parents' friends always ask me about 'natural' stuff and what they can do for such and such while I'm chomping away at the food...And then the other girl there on Saturday (Andrea) is in vet school, so people always ask her stuff about their pets...funny how your choice of study/profession will define many conversations :P

Saturday night I watched "Selena" on TV. Such a good movie and I love her voice/music/songs (eg "Dreaming of you" and "I Could Fall in Love"). Where did I put my soundtrack of the movie?? doh...also, J.Lo (Jennifer Lopez back in the day) plays the role in the movie, and it's as if she gets to live out what Selena's life would've been in real life, now that J.Lo is a singer too and has her own lines of sunglasses and perfumes etc...But I think Selena's voice is uncomparable. So sad that Selena's life ended so early.

Well, Sunday was nice. New Sunday School term at T3C. The only class I would go to was Studying the book of Genesis (the other class was for 'married or planning to be married' people...and well, that's not me), but that's good cuz I seem to never be able to totally read through Genesis...always getting 1/2 way or 3/4 way through, so this is good for me.
After church and lunch with church peeps, I went to get my haircut with Andrea. We planned to go somewhere along Hwy 7, so we walked around Times Square and then to another plaza further west on 7. Finally, by fluke we walked into this place where it said $20 up for female wash/cut/dry and asked what's the "UP" mean in the $20 up?? The guy there said, don't worry about the up...it'll be $20, but wait 1/2 hr. oky...so we went to this little Korean grocery store across from the plaza that had Korean, Japanese and Chinese groceries there - sooo cool...Andrea bought so many bottles of sauces. I'll wait and see if I can go there with my dad to get some groceries there. Okay, back to haircut place and we each got our haircuts from this guy, and then it was $20 each. Then we realized afterward that this guy was the 'owner/director' of the salon, and he charges $45 (on a sign) and the $20 is for the junior stylists. No wonder he was good. And he gave us a deal. That was really nice of him.
In the evening, I wanted to go to Chapters and read some of my books for a bit, but I ended up listening and singing along to songs in my room, and then watched Coyote Ugly on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home