C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, June 09, 2003

Burnt.
Well, I got quite burnt (red and toasty) from Saturday's car wash at church. It's a funny sunburn cuz I got a 'racoon' burn on my face from the sunglasses I had on (much better now) and a strange patch of red skin on my forearms that doesn't go past my wrists or hands since I had wristguards on from rollerblading back and forth from the parking lot to the street. Anyhow, the car wash turned out nice and was fun. We met new people and other church members and washed their cars, had hot dogs, drinks and snacks. It was all free. People from the community who did come wondered why...why is this free? (like, what's the catch)...? It was a service we wanted to give back to the community, and just invite them to see our church and meet some people there.
After that some of us were gonna go have Gelati ice cream but ended up having wings nearby the Gelato place, and then were too full and it was a bit chilly outside so we didn't have any :P ...next time. Then after that, we went to Syl's place to watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs where Anaheim kicked NJ's butts 5-2! That was cool. Game 7's tonight...don't know if I have time to watch. I'll try to catch the end of the game.

Sunday, I went to T3C service...I hadn't been there for about 5 weeks (> 1 month), not that anyone would have noticed though...but I did. It was nice to go there, and it was communion Sunday as well as commending 'unsung heroes' in the church who so diligently and humbly serve the church.
After service, I watched 'While You Were Sleeping' on TV...nice sappy movie with a happy ending that makes you smile and say 'awww' and make you wish sometimes that you were the girl in the movie at the end...Yah, so as if that wasn't enough...I went to go watch 'Sweet Home Alabama' after that at Nthn's place with Syl. It was funny cuz Syl really wanted to watch the movie but didn't have a working DVD player so we kinda 'forced' our way to N's place to watch the movie, and his parents made dinner enough for us also, so we stayed for dinner too. Anyhow, after that, we went out to 'Sweet Culture' for some Chinese yummy dessert :) It had been a while since I'd been out for some good 'ol Chinese desserts.

My weekly stats said that I had 0 (yes big fat ZERO) hits on my site for the psat 7 days :( ...yet my counter has increased in numbers, so which is true?
How sad is that if it really is ZERO hits on my site...? I guess this site really is just for me to write and read...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home