Basic Rescuer
Yay! I am now certified (again) for CPR/Basic Rescuer...I just took the 4-hr course today (as part of a requirement also)...long days...It was funny at many times when you're yelling frantically out into the air or to just anybody in the room - like 'Hey you! go call 911, and come back when you're done, do you understand?!!" - or when we acted out scenarios of people choking, having heart attacks etc...examples of settings we had were a gym, bowling alley, funeral, bus crash, airplane hijack - all just part of the exercise/drill :)
Ouch
I pbbly might have needed some sort of first aid if I had continued my Snowboarding any further on Saturday at Blue Mountain when I was at the Genesis Winter Retreat. That was the first time that I had gone snowboarding. It is nothing like skiing - I've skied for over 10 years, and hardly any of that experience kept me from falling a billion times everywhere!!! In fact, it pbbly made me more daring to try turns and go faster, which means FALL HARDER too!! Ouch - oooh, the pain...It was definitely a challenging experience...not easy. I'd fall and get up over and over again, not wanting to give up learning. So by the end, after a lesson as well, I think I was starting to get the hang of it, and not fall as much. It was fun, and there were 2 other girls from fellowship who were boarding too, going through the challenges together, but not falling as hard as me. I might board again, but if I wanna be pain-free (or have less pain, chance of injury) I may stick with skiing. I feel much much better now - I can get out of bed/lying down and sitting relatively pain-free and easily as compared to Sunday (the day after syndrome). Lucky for me, I go to a Naturopathic Medical school - I got several different treatments including a TENS machine in physiotherapeutics class yesterday on my triceps and neck (SCM) which helped ALOT!!!
Yay! I am now certified (again) for CPR/Basic Rescuer...I just took the 4-hr course today (as part of a requirement also)...long days...It was funny at many times when you're yelling frantically out into the air or to just anybody in the room - like 'Hey you! go call 911, and come back when you're done, do you understand?!!" - or when we acted out scenarios of people choking, having heart attacks etc...examples of settings we had were a gym, bowling alley, funeral, bus crash, airplane hijack - all just part of the exercise/drill :)
Ouch
I pbbly might have needed some sort of first aid if I had continued my Snowboarding any further on Saturday at Blue Mountain when I was at the Genesis Winter Retreat. That was the first time that I had gone snowboarding. It is nothing like skiing - I've skied for over 10 years, and hardly any of that experience kept me from falling a billion times everywhere!!! In fact, it pbbly made me more daring to try turns and go faster, which means FALL HARDER too!! Ouch - oooh, the pain...It was definitely a challenging experience...not easy. I'd fall and get up over and over again, not wanting to give up learning. So by the end, after a lesson as well, I think I was starting to get the hang of it, and not fall as much. It was fun, and there were 2 other girls from fellowship who were boarding too, going through the challenges together, but not falling as hard as me. I might board again, but if I wanna be pain-free (or have less pain, chance of injury) I may stick with skiing. I feel much much better now - I can get out of bed/lying down and sitting relatively pain-free and easily as compared to Sunday (the day after syndrome). Lucky for me, I go to a Naturopathic Medical school - I got several different treatments including a TENS machine in physiotherapeutics class yesterday on my triceps and neck (SCM) which helped ALOT!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home