Home sweet home
It's nice to be home (in Burlington) for a night. I came home for Chinese New Year Dinner today to eat with family to make up for last weekend when I was away at the Genesis retreat when it was actually Chinese New Year eve/day. But Chinese New Year lasts for 2 weeks, so technically, it's all good! :) We had 'hot pot' ('da been lo' or 'huo wo'), which is one of my favourite eating past-times. Sooo goood!....mmmm....so nice to just sit around the table and cook/boil your own food and then dip it into the egg/soysauce mix and just chat away/catch up with family.
Well, whenever I go home, I get NO WORK DONE (school work, I mean)...ahhh...I guess there's pluses and minuses to going home. I'm sitting here blogging and emailing, while my sister's chatting away with me beside me here continuously...(hmm...I guess my sister gets no work done as well when I come home cuz she's still sitting here talking with me, and keeps on saying, 'I need to study' , 'I need to work on my lab reports')...okeee....now we're just laughing...blah, blah, blah, hahaha....blah, blah, blah, hahaha!
Tomorrow, I'm going to with mom 'n dad 'n the family to the annual Chinese Dental Association's (CDA) Chinese New Year Lunch at the Mandarin in Toronto (the one at Yonge & Steeles or somewhere like that). We go there every year. It's nice. We don't usually go to the Mandarin as a family, cuz that's more of a 'western'-Chinese place right? Usually we go to 'real' Chinese restaurants if we're going out to eat. But once a year, we treck on over to the Mandarin and stuff ourselves silly with their food, and ice cream and desserts. mmm...When we went when we were younger, the CDA would have people drawing charicatures as part of the festivities and/or a magician for the little children. Well, they still have the magician, but no charicature artists. And I'm not a little child anymore, though I could say I'm a 'child at heart', or a 'big child' (not that big, cuz I'm small in size too...eheh). Anyway, should be nice tomorrow. I'll let ya'lls know how it goes!
Okay, time to get some work done...or watch some TV or Chinese TV...or maybe sleep perhaps...hmmm...
It's nice to be home (in Burlington) for a night. I came home for Chinese New Year Dinner today to eat with family to make up for last weekend when I was away at the Genesis retreat when it was actually Chinese New Year eve/day. But Chinese New Year lasts for 2 weeks, so technically, it's all good! :) We had 'hot pot' ('da been lo' or 'huo wo'), which is one of my favourite eating past-times. Sooo goood!....mmmm....so nice to just sit around the table and cook/boil your own food and then dip it into the egg/soysauce mix and just chat away/catch up with family.
Well, whenever I go home, I get NO WORK DONE (school work, I mean)...ahhh...I guess there's pluses and minuses to going home. I'm sitting here blogging and emailing, while my sister's chatting away with me beside me here continuously...(hmm...I guess my sister gets no work done as well when I come home cuz she's still sitting here talking with me, and keeps on saying, 'I need to study' , 'I need to work on my lab reports')...okeee....now we're just laughing...blah, blah, blah, hahaha....blah, blah, blah, hahaha!
Tomorrow, I'm going to with mom 'n dad 'n the family to the annual Chinese Dental Association's (CDA) Chinese New Year Lunch at the Mandarin in Toronto (the one at Yonge & Steeles or somewhere like that). We go there every year. It's nice. We don't usually go to the Mandarin as a family, cuz that's more of a 'western'-Chinese place right? Usually we go to 'real' Chinese restaurants if we're going out to eat. But once a year, we treck on over to the Mandarin and stuff ourselves silly with their food, and ice cream and desserts. mmm...When we went when we were younger, the CDA would have people drawing charicatures as part of the festivities and/or a magician for the little children. Well, they still have the magician, but no charicature artists. And I'm not a little child anymore, though I could say I'm a 'child at heart', or a 'big child' (not that big, cuz I'm small in size too...eheh). Anyway, should be nice tomorrow. I'll let ya'lls know how it goes!
Okay, time to get some work done...or watch some TV or Chinese TV...or maybe sleep perhaps...hmmm...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home