C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Physical exhaustion.
Yes, that's what it is. I can feel it through my body, you see it on my face, you look into my eyes, it's just a hazy trace. I really try to think, I try to focus hard, but in the end it's useless, my brain and all are jarred!!

It's been one craaaazy weekend - The formal was great! Everything turned out well - success! I got to the formal venue early, 3pm so that I could get ready there, and be ready to help out with registration, tickets and photography once people started arriving. It took me til 5:30pm to be fully ready cuz I had been running back and forth with things...!! so busy...but that extra time getting ready was worth it to look good ;) Everyone was so extravagantly beautiful that evening - it was lovely! The dinner was yummy - I sat at the 'non-alcoholic' table with other friends who don't drink much or at all - that was nice, the speeches were good (a bit long), the dancing was fun, and the cleanup was not. I had to stick around the place til 3am or so helping to clean up (leftover alcohol bottles that ppl brought from outside), and pack up all the stuff we'd brought into a friend's van, then I drove the van to drop off some ppl at a nearby house party, and then I headed back uptown to res with another friend, arriving just after 4am. I didn't get to bed/sleep til 5:15am.

Woke up at 8:15am to go to church - was soo sleepy, it was kinda hard to focus and concentrate on the sermon presented - I don't really remember what it was on right now, but I do remember that the passage was the exact same one as the one we discussed at our Small Group on Friday - Philippians 3:1-11, but with a different perspective. Isn't it neat how things can flow, and how things/messages are reinforced on us in different ways - I guess God knows what we need and when!
Okay, so after service, I went to Sunday School but had to leave early (12pm instead of 12:30pm end) to go to the Newcomers Luncheon for T3C...I missed the last one, so I got to go to this one as a 'newcomer' even though I've now been at the church for 15 months (time flies!!). I wasn't the longest, however...there were 3 other people who had been there 16 months. The people who had been there the longest got to get their food first (that included me, so that was nice).

After that I went back to res, and rested...kinda. I took a 1 hr nap, and had to wake up to go get food and stuff for a party that night. The wake from the nap was DIFFICULT to say the least. My body believed that I was going to bed, so it was ready to go into deep sleep - needless to say, I was out of it for a while after that - SO tired!! The party at night was a gathering for a friend who is leaving for the US for work for about 1 year. I had organized it through sending tonnes of emails to people. Most people were late (pbbly because of the Superbowl), but ended up having a lot of people there - that was nice. At first, I thought there may not be enough food, but in the end there was wayyyy toooo much food!! I'm not very good with estimating what is needed usually - I expected ~25ppl, so told ppl to bring enough for ~10-15ppl, when I should said maybe ~5ppl would have sufficed. Also, pbbly setting a time 1/2-1hr before the actual time I want to start would be much better next time. I forgot to account for 'Chinese time'!! next time...

A pastor from TCCC said to me on Sunday after service after I introduced myself: "Oh, you're Charlene!! you're the one who sends all those emails!!" [Me: "Yup, that would be me!] - this is not the first time that this has happened to me! Other people in general (mostly on the TCCC Genesis email list) say that too...I didn't know that the pastors were on the Genesis mailing list, so I guess they've been getting all those emails I sent out about the friend's party...! You know you email too much when...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home