C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

YAYYYY!!! my new counter is showing at the bottom left now :) !! I think it's soo coool!! man, I'm such a geek :P getting so happy over this little weenie computer achievement. haha!

Excitement is in the air at our school as the school Formal approaches...Jan 25th. People talking everywhere about the night. What they're going to wear (dress, shoes, accessories), how they'll do their hair, how they'll get there (limo etc)...and being in res, I get to see other people trying on their dresses and everything and asking for advice/opinions (me doing the same too...eheh). It's really nice, and fun. And I'm sure everyone will look amazingly glamorous that evening! We're even having several (free) dance lessons during this week (offered by students) so that ppl can try to dance more than just slow dances and 'club-style' dancing. Tuesday was ballroom - didn't get a chance to go. Today (Wed), I helped to teach the Swing dancing lesson at lunch - that was fun! hadn't done any swing for a LONG time up until that point - nice refresher for myself. I had to help lead/teach the guy(lead) part a lot today especially since there aren't many guys in our school (a whopping 20% male population at most). Thursday is salsa lessons. I've learned a couple basic steps for that, but would be nice to learn more or refresh :)

The Formal is also a celebration of the 25th anniversary of the school CCNM (I'm almost as old as the school...woh~) and the theme for the evening is: "Love Your Roots" - to remind us of where/who/what we came from, how that brought us to where we are today, and how that will bring us into the future. I like the quote my sister wrote in her blog today - "Always remember your roots. They are what keep us in place and well-grounded".

So, on that note, think about this: who are your roots? what are your roots? where are your roots?

My blogger clock is all wrong - the post's times don't match real time - strange...
Anyhow, it's really 12:30am now, so goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home