C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

I'm feeling better today. Not as tired as I had been earlier this week - I've had to sleep earlier this week from my exhaustion, so I've got to catch up a bit on sleep, and get more rest. Sleep is good. That's the time that your body can rest and recover, cuz that's when your immune system works best and regenerates. I think if I wasn't getting enough rest and sleep this week, I would've got sick - but after resting more, I feel better and have more energy, finally.

Show me the money - I wish...
I went to Mitchell's (Christian Bookstore) yesterday evening with some friends from school. Whenever I go there, I wish I could buy sooo many things...if only I had that much money though $$$. I always have to resist/hold back on spending way too much there. I know the stuff I end up buying will be good for me or others I'm buying for, but I just can't afford/spend that much. Either I have to wait til I'm making money, or wait til the stuff's on sale. But then when it's on sale, I usually end up spending just as much, but just getting more stuff. Ahhh! Anyhow, I ended up buying 2 CDs, and one book (on sale from $39.99 to $5.99!!), and also chipping in to pay for a Bible for a friend interested in Christianity and wanting to start reading the Bible. Needless to say, I spent a lot. I don't want to say that it was too much though, cuz it's all for a good purpose. I wanted to buy even more CDs, but I'll wait on those ones. Also, there's a sale at Mitchell's this Thurs-Sat on books and CDs which we discovered AFTER making purchases - so I'm holding onto the CDs I just bought and not opening them yet (AHHH! the torture...!!! I've been waiting to get these CDs and the songs on them for sooo long!!!), and we'll go again tomorrow to see if they're on sale - the sales people said that they'd refund the difference to me if they are on sale as long as the CD's not opened yet.

Free time?
I'm on a clinic observation shift right now. We (3rd yr students) have these shifts once a week, and I'm on Wednesdays 2:30-6:30pm; we get assigned to a 4th yr clinic intern and their patient(s) in that time, but usually it's not for the whole 4-hr time slot. I'm assigned to someone at 5pm (so 5-6pm), and so I have a bit of free time before then - rest? nap? email? eat/snack? take a walk? work/study? clean my room? ...what to do when I finish this blog...? really, I should be doing the latter of work/study, and even cleaning my room, but I like the thought of resting...hmmm...m/b both :)

Looks like it's a nice day out - bright & sunny...but is it cold out? I don't know, haven't been outside yet.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home