dad's visit
So I picked up my relatively new car on Monday from the dealer - love it! So happy looking at it :) Driving it around feels good. I'm in the 'honeymoon' phase with my car. Anyhow, Thursday I went to pick up my dad from the airport cuz he's visiting on his way back from HK to TO, and we stayed in Richmond to eat lunch. Later on I noticed a pretty thick and deep scratch on my right rear fender/bumper...ahhhhh!!! I was flipping! At least no dent...I couldn't believe that someone hit & run and just left the scratch(es) there >:[ argh...seems like it happens all the time. I'm just not so happy especially that I just got the car a few days...oh well...I'm ok now I guess.
So my dad is here for a few days - it's been great so far...he gets to see the place I'm at now and I got to show him the place I'll be moving into next weekend. Last night we stayed in and I cooked dinner and had some Chiu Chow desserts that he brought back. My dad slept 15 hrs last night to recover from his trip and flight! We went to dinner tonight at 'Shabusen' - an all you can eat Japanese Sushi AND Korean BBQ restaurant. Holy smokes, we were stuffed! Ate so much sushi and sashimi (it was very good and fresh) and had some bbq beef and chicken. The service was excellent - the staff were so friendly, attentive and fast! No delay in bringing food and asking if we needed more and giving us a reorder form as soon as we thought of it but before asking for one. Wow! That rarely happens in AYCE sushi places. The place was packed!
I'm going to work tomorrow morning and then we're going to meet my dad's friend for dinner (Indian buffet?)...I'd better go exercise more after all this eating!! :P
It's been great to hear all the stories of my dad's travels to Asia (Thailand, China, Hong Kong) where he met up with relatives and some long lost family and relatives, visited old homes and see parts of his family history and have mini-family reunions. His visit also coincided with a mini-high school reunion. It was really neat to see all the pictures he took and hear all the stories which are also a part of my history.
So I picked up my relatively new car on Monday from the dealer - love it! So happy looking at it :) Driving it around feels good. I'm in the 'honeymoon' phase with my car. Anyhow, Thursday I went to pick up my dad from the airport cuz he's visiting on his way back from HK to TO, and we stayed in Richmond to eat lunch. Later on I noticed a pretty thick and deep scratch on my right rear fender/bumper...ahhhhh!!! I was flipping! At least no dent...I couldn't believe that someone hit & run and just left the scratch(es) there >:[ argh...seems like it happens all the time. I'm just not so happy especially that I just got the car a few days...oh well...I'm ok now I guess.
So my dad is here for a few days - it's been great so far...he gets to see the place I'm at now and I got to show him the place I'll be moving into next weekend. Last night we stayed in and I cooked dinner and had some Chiu Chow desserts that he brought back. My dad slept 15 hrs last night to recover from his trip and flight! We went to dinner tonight at 'Shabusen' - an all you can eat Japanese Sushi AND Korean BBQ restaurant. Holy smokes, we were stuffed! Ate so much sushi and sashimi (it was very good and fresh) and had some bbq beef and chicken. The service was excellent - the staff were so friendly, attentive and fast! No delay in bringing food and asking if we needed more and giving us a reorder form as soon as we thought of it but before asking for one. Wow! That rarely happens in AYCE sushi places. The place was packed!
I'm going to work tomorrow morning and then we're going to meet my dad's friend for dinner (Indian buffet?)...I'd better go exercise more after all this eating!! :P
It's been great to hear all the stories of my dad's travels to Asia (Thailand, China, Hong Kong) where he met up with relatives and some long lost family and relatives, visited old homes and see parts of his family history and have mini-family reunions. His visit also coincided with a mini-high school reunion. It was really neat to see all the pictures he took and hear all the stories which are also a part of my history.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home