C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

signed apt rental

So, it's official...I've signed the rental agreement for Feb 1 and gave my security deposit. Crazzzy...well, not that crazy. I will move in sometime later that week since out be in TO at the time. It's a nice bachelor apartment with a stove, fridge and microwave. Nice lighting and awesome view of downtown city and ocean. I have practically nothing here so I've gotta get some stuff to furnish the place so I can live in there. It's my first 'real' apartment where I'll be on my own!! Learned alot just in the short time looking for a place, narrowing choices, viewing, what to ask, what to check, applications, negotiating, leases, signing etc...This may sound simple to many and I may sound silly, bu I'm so proud of myself :P

It's expensive to be single and live on one's own. Paying for rent for 1 person is much more than 2 people (e.g. a couple) renting. For example, 1 person may rent a bach or 1BR apt for $800-1000/mo or so, and 2 ppl essentially could do the same making the payment 1/2 that. And that goes for phone lines, cable, internet etc all of which would be 1/2.

Although I must add that it is more expensive once there is a family with children. I would assume that raising children is not cheap. Heck, it wasn't cheap for my parents to raise me and my 3 siblings. Not that we're big spenders, but all those years of added 'expenses' and lessons, and toys and cars (and gas) and education and trips. How did my parents do it? I thank them for it though cuz I wouldn't be where I am now without them and their support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home