Happy 2005!
Well, it's almost a week into the New Year already. Resolutions for this year? none specific. I just want myself and loved ones around me to be happy and healthy overall.
Holidays were great this year :) Cuba for 1 week with the whole family. I got a tan ;) yay! The beach was great, enjoyed the resort, all you can eat and drink. I drank so many pina coladas (non-alcoholic, mostly...)!! Shopping there was fun for the most part - in terms of getting small souvenirs there. But it was also disturbing the number of people there (locals) who hover around you for 'tips' (for services and things you don't want/need) or beg for $ and they bug you so so much until you almost just want to give them $1/peso to get them to stop. But there's soooo many people who do that, so when do you stop? After the first few, we had to stop. And there were kids who came up to us and asked us for stuff - our hats/visors, sunscreen, my watch etc...they do this to all tourists. And many yell out to us 'Japanese' or 'Chino'? We're Canadian, but if you must ask, 'Chinese Canadian'...we were getting tired of answering at one point, we just said 'yahyah' to anything they asked :P Such a different culture and way of life there. In the end, I really like living in Canada...alot.
I spent New Year's in BC with my bf and toured around a little. Thank you! Also met up with relatives and friends from TO too. Had a great time :)
With all the happy things, I'm also taken aback by sad things in the world. First, a relative in HK passed away just before Christmas, and then the tsunami disaster happens just after Christmas. Couldn't believe it. My heart and prayers go out to all the people suffering at this time. I think it's important to pray and help out financially if we can for the people in SE Asia, but we must not forget all the other people in the world and all the relief needed everywhere. Praying for and giving to other causes is also just as needed as ever. In these times, we are reminded again that material things in this world really mean nothing when it comes down to it, and sad to say that sometimes it takes these things to wake us up so that we can appreciate and value the people and relationships we have.
I start work/practicing this coming Mon. Excited and a little nervous at the same time! Please let me know if you know anyone interested in receiving health care in the field of naturopathic medicine.
I wish everyone health & happiness for 2005 :) !!
Well, it's almost a week into the New Year already. Resolutions for this year? none specific. I just want myself and loved ones around me to be happy and healthy overall.
Holidays were great this year :) Cuba for 1 week with the whole family. I got a tan ;) yay! The beach was great, enjoyed the resort, all you can eat and drink. I drank so many pina coladas (non-alcoholic, mostly...)!! Shopping there was fun for the most part - in terms of getting small souvenirs there. But it was also disturbing the number of people there (locals) who hover around you for 'tips' (for services and things you don't want/need) or beg for $ and they bug you so so much until you almost just want to give them $1/peso to get them to stop. But there's soooo many people who do that, so when do you stop? After the first few, we had to stop. And there were kids who came up to us and asked us for stuff - our hats/visors, sunscreen, my watch etc...they do this to all tourists. And many yell out to us 'Japanese' or 'Chino'? We're Canadian, but if you must ask, 'Chinese Canadian'...we were getting tired of answering at one point, we just said 'yahyah' to anything they asked :P Such a different culture and way of life there. In the end, I really like living in Canada...alot.
I spent New Year's in BC with my bf and toured around a little. Thank you! Also met up with relatives and friends from TO too. Had a great time :)
With all the happy things, I'm also taken aback by sad things in the world. First, a relative in HK passed away just before Christmas, and then the tsunami disaster happens just after Christmas. Couldn't believe it. My heart and prayers go out to all the people suffering at this time. I think it's important to pray and help out financially if we can for the people in SE Asia, but we must not forget all the other people in the world and all the relief needed everywhere. Praying for and giving to other causes is also just as needed as ever. In these times, we are reminded again that material things in this world really mean nothing when it comes down to it, and sad to say that sometimes it takes these things to wake us up so that we can appreciate and value the people and relationships we have.
I start work/practicing this coming Mon. Excited and a little nervous at the same time! Please let me know if you know anyone interested in receiving health care in the field of naturopathic medicine.
I wish everyone health & happiness for 2005 :) !!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home