C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, December 06, 2004

ouchy

Well, the past 4 days (Thurs to Sun of last week), I was taking a course in parenteral (I.V.) therapy, to learn to use vitamin/mineral nutrients intravenously to improve health and treat disease. So, in the process of learning, we had to practice on each other - and so yours truly was needled a number of times in my poor hand veins and some of my forearms so that I too could needle other people to practice. All in all, a not so fun experience. My veins are small, so it was very difficult for people to get them and so I ended up with a few bruises and marks from the needle insertion points. Ouch, is all I can say. But once we got more proficient in it, it wasn't so bad anymore, and I was getting better at it so that I'll be able to do this on future patients without hurting them (so much) :P I don't really like needles (who does?), but I toughed it out and survived :) whew. Some people who saw my hands at fellowship last Friday were quite grossed out by it and probably thought I was crazy or something to have this done...but in the long run, this skill is worth learning and having.

Everything always falls around the same time. I ended up having 2 Christmas dinners to go to this Saturday, while also meeting a friend in between. 1 dinner is for past work place, the other is for future work place and well, friend is present. There's no way I could be at 3 places at once, so I had to choose. I picked to meet friend before dinner with the future work place and will miss out on the past work dinner. I wish I could do all 3 and be in all 3 places at once. Funny how things always seem to work like this. One moment, there's nothing, then all of a sudden, there's too much.

My bro (who's in Japan right now) will be back next Monday for a month of vacation :) Yay :) And then the family's off to Cuba for a week! I checked the weather network for their weather right now and it's 25'C+ and sunny. Sweet! Escape the cold for a bit and get some sun and warmth. I like, I like :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home