I just registered and paid my tuition for the last time at this school. The LAST time. Whew. Tuition after so many years seems to just nullify you to the idea that one day you'll earn money. But I have to thank God for providing...through loans, bursaries/awards, scholarship, parents (thank God for them), and my job; it all works out in the end.
Bittersweet
This final term of my final year has a strange atmosphere to it. It's the 'mad rush to the end' as some may say...with numbers to catch up on or keep up with, case summaries to hand in, and squishing as much learning as possible from the supervisors we have for the last time. It's nice that we'll soon be graduating and finally finishing after so many years of studying and being in school. The general atmosphere however is 'bittersweet' with mixed feelings, which will intensify over the next few months (as I will blog about). Sweet cuz we'll be DONE and bitter cuz we'll all go our separate ways and leave the community of friends and colleagues concentrated here, which to me and others have seen it as our 'home away from home'. For many of us 'youngins' (ie. mid/late 20s who haven't had previous careers before), it means we need to face the real world and have responsibilities as 'grown ups' no longer 'hiding in the shell of the educational institution'. It's a good group of people here with friends that I've grown to really appreciate over the past few years. We'll just have to 'maximize our time' (as a friend would say, but she slipped by first saying 'I gotta monopolize our time'...).
Bittersweet
This final term of my final year has a strange atmosphere to it. It's the 'mad rush to the end' as some may say...with numbers to catch up on or keep up with, case summaries to hand in, and squishing as much learning as possible from the supervisors we have for the last time. It's nice that we'll soon be graduating and finally finishing after so many years of studying and being in school. The general atmosphere however is 'bittersweet' with mixed feelings, which will intensify over the next few months (as I will blog about). Sweet cuz we'll be DONE and bitter cuz we'll all go our separate ways and leave the community of friends and colleagues concentrated here, which to me and others have seen it as our 'home away from home'. For many of us 'youngins' (ie. mid/late 20s who haven't had previous careers before), it means we need to face the real world and have responsibilities as 'grown ups' no longer 'hiding in the shell of the educational institution'. It's a good group of people here with friends that I've grown to really appreciate over the past few years. We'll just have to 'maximize our time' (as a friend would say, but she slipped by first saying 'I gotta monopolize our time'...).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home