C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Wow...
since I've started working part-time on top of my clinic shifts, and with not having internet access in my room, I've really 'slacked off' in terms of puting posts for my blog.

Life is good otherwise though.
This past weekend was a little busy as usual.
Friday was Genesis large group Bible Study about Money and being good stewards of the property and money and everything we have while here on earth. It was set up as a Jeopardy type thing with 2 groups 'competing' against each other...and you know how it goes when Christians compete...it can get quite competitive, fighting for it to really be fair...almost too much so...and then afterward, we went to Green Grove (formerly known as 'Green Rabbit') for BBT - it was like a mini-Mac reunion with Brian Fu, Serena, Karen and Kevin L and me there. cool.

Saturday - worked all day, and then just came back to res and relaxed.

Sunday - service...message was good. Tony Costa was the speaker, and he really knows his stuff about the Bible and Scriptures, using Apologetics to defend and stand up for the Christian Faith. I am humbled and ashamed at the level of my knowledge of the Bible.

After service, I went to 'Sushi Bar' all you can eat lunch buffet - SOOO Goood! $11.99. All you can eat sushi rolls, hand rolls, maki, cooked/hot food, meat (chicken teriyaki, beef etc...), appetizers, desserts (ice cream!) and drinks. Then, afterward, 2 of us went to Fairview Mall to check out when the next matinee for 'Bad Boys II' was playing, and with 1.5 hrs to spare, we walked around and shopped a bit - at Sport Chek, and the Bay (checked out some sunglasses - I love sunglasses...but I didn't end up buying a pair, although my friend ended up buying a pair...ehehe...).
'Bad Boys II' was really funny!! It was good entertainment with action, comedy and a little romance. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are just one funny combination!!

I still have yet to watch 'Jonah' (the veggietales movie)...it's due back tonight by 11pm, and I have to work after this clinic shift from 3-7pm...cutting it close, but I've got the DVD and a friend's laptop that has a DVD player to watch the movie tonight.

Okay, got a new patient at noon, so gotta go prep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home