Wow, for the first time in a while, I can get my blog site to open and can read my posts on this site. I don't know what happened in the last while, but it was acting all screwy and all, even though I was updating with posts slightly regularly.
Anyhow, so yesterday, while I was waiting for a friend to get his haircut and meet me downtown to head over to Beaches Jazz Festival, I wandered around the Bay downtown at Yonge/Queen (Eaton Centre area)...wandering and checking out the cosmetics section, and trying on different makeup and put on some scents. I ended up buying some makeup and getting some free samples with the purchases too, so that was nice. And then my friend showed up and we headed over to the Beaches Jazz Festival (and met up with some other peeps...
Musicians, jazz bands and other bands were there at every street corner along Queen St. E (btwn Woodbine and Beech Ave), playing a whole variety of songs and demonstrating all kinds of talent. We went to eat at one of the restaurants along the street and there was a jazz band just outside playing jazz music. So nice! So cool! I popped into an ice cream store, and wanted to buy the gelati ice cream in there so badly, but resisted because I had good food in the day already, and it was like $3.95 for 1 scoop (so pricy!!)...well, maybe next time or something :P
The Jazz Festival along the street was really long - after walking until 9:30pm, 3 out of the 5 of us there left to go home and call it a night, but I wanted to stay a bit longer to check out more and walk further along the street, so 2 of us stayed until about 10:30pm before catching a bus to take us back to the subway to come back to res. Overall, I had a really good time there! I love walking on the street/road when it's closed off and no cars can go through!
Anyhow, so yesterday, while I was waiting for a friend to get his haircut and meet me downtown to head over to Beaches Jazz Festival, I wandered around the Bay downtown at Yonge/Queen (Eaton Centre area)...wandering and checking out the cosmetics section, and trying on different makeup and put on some scents. I ended up buying some makeup and getting some free samples with the purchases too, so that was nice. And then my friend showed up and we headed over to the Beaches Jazz Festival (and met up with some other peeps...
Musicians, jazz bands and other bands were there at every street corner along Queen St. E (btwn Woodbine and Beech Ave), playing a whole variety of songs and demonstrating all kinds of talent. We went to eat at one of the restaurants along the street and there was a jazz band just outside playing jazz music. So nice! So cool! I popped into an ice cream store, and wanted to buy the gelati ice cream in there so badly, but resisted because I had good food in the day already, and it was like $3.95 for 1 scoop (so pricy!!)...well, maybe next time or something :P
The Jazz Festival along the street was really long - after walking until 9:30pm, 3 out of the 5 of us there left to go home and call it a night, but I wanted to stay a bit longer to check out more and walk further along the street, so 2 of us stayed until about 10:30pm before catching a bus to take us back to the subway to come back to res. Overall, I had a really good time there! I love walking on the street/road when it's closed off and no cars can go through!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home