Oh, the heat...it kills me :P mostly though when I'm in Residence, in my room. It's dead air, and it's hot and humid. I don't like it. I can't sleep well at night and that bothers me and then I'm tired the next day and irritable and just wanna take naps, but it's so hot in my room that naps aren't so good either :[ Last night wasn't so bad because it was cooler out, and there was a bit of a breeze coming in. The bad thing about it is that I have a little fan, and it blows right on me at night, through the night to try to keep me cool. It's not enough, and yet, I'm not very good with sleeping with wind/fans blowing on me, and it's not good for my head cuz I get headaches from it too. Whaaaah :P (It makes me so winey)...
This past weekend was really good :)
Saturday, I had my first day of work at the acupuncture clinic (pacific wellness institute) where I've started with training at the reception, and then will also alternate with being an acupuncture assistant. The clinic is right at Yonge & Bloor, so it's a cool place to be. After work, around 4:45pm, I headed out, and saw the street blocked off at Yonge & Bloor for the Toronto Street Festival. I was gonna be back there later at night to hang out with a couple friends for the Cuban concert, so I was gonna stick around. I shopped a bit, then it started spitting and the clouds were gloomy. I was hungry too, so I decided to just head back to res.
When I got back, I made plans to just hang out uptown and plans to go to the TO Street Festival with another friend on Sunday, but when my friends came to pick me up, it was nice out again, so we went back down to the Street Festival, at Yonge & Bloor. It was fun to watch the Cuban band play, though we never understood a word they said. People were salsa/latin dancing on the street and some were really good...amazing! I wish I could dance like that. One other friend and I only know the basic steps, so we didn't try any dancing on the street that night.
Sunday, I went to T3C service. The sermon was about the "Existence of God" based in Genesis. I was kinda in and out of it following the sermon cuz I was kinda tired, but overall it was quite good. After service, I went back to res to have lunch. And after cleaning my room up a bit, a friend and I headed out for the Toronto Street Festival (yes, again for me). But this time, we didn't just go to Yonge & Bloor. We bought 1 Day TTC Pass that you use as a family day pass for $7.75 (for up to 2 adults and 2 children) that we could use unlimited all day until 5:30am next day. What a deal!! It's only for Sundays and Holidays.
(We didn't go to Yonge & Lawrence - the children's area)
1) Yonge & Eglington - walked around, saw a band, saw rides but didn't go on.
2) Yonge & St. Clair - celebrating arts, saw a jazz band, swing danced on the street (I can say that I've done swing dancing on Yonge St, the longest street in the Canada, world?!!! nice.), iced cap break at Timothy's Coffee.
3) Yonge & Bloor - celebrating diversity, saw varieties of bands and cultures, saw the Vietnemese water puppet show.
4) Yonge & Dundas - got there late, 7pm, everything was closing down. Ran into Andy Ho there.
We were gonna eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, but went to Planet Hollywood at Front St W (my friend had a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 free entree...nice!). We pretended to be tourists in Toronto while we were there...entertainment for ourselves...eheh.
It was a good weekend :)
Monday, I went to ICS class in the morning, then went to a free seminar on a clinical program for weight loss by Dr.Meschino, DC who specializes in nutrition as well. It was very informative and good to learn so that I'll be able to implement a program for future patients, and can do that when I have my own practice as well...~excellent~...
Went to dinner with my dad at night at Chiu Chow Koon where Big Lands is. Good dinner. Yummy and always nice.
Got back at 10pm, and had to work on a case summary due today, and I set up my NEW Lexmark printer (inkjet all in on printer, scanner, copier, fax with color and B/W)...it was only $79.99 from futureshop - ordered it online...what a deal :) It prints out a lot faster than my old printer which went at a snail speed of probably 1 page per 1-2 minutes...ridiculous! The new one prints like 10-12 ppm and it looks cool :)
My lounge in res is going to watch "Charlie's Angels 2" tonight...I don't know if I'll go...I haven't seen the 1st one, and I don't know if I'll like movies like this. But it'll be nice to get out (of the heat), and hang out with res friends so I might go. I'll have to try and take a nap first though...!
This past weekend was really good :)
Saturday, I had my first day of work at the acupuncture clinic (pacific wellness institute) where I've started with training at the reception, and then will also alternate with being an acupuncture assistant. The clinic is right at Yonge & Bloor, so it's a cool place to be. After work, around 4:45pm, I headed out, and saw the street blocked off at Yonge & Bloor for the Toronto Street Festival. I was gonna be back there later at night to hang out with a couple friends for the Cuban concert, so I was gonna stick around. I shopped a bit, then it started spitting and the clouds were gloomy. I was hungry too, so I decided to just head back to res.
When I got back, I made plans to just hang out uptown and plans to go to the TO Street Festival with another friend on Sunday, but when my friends came to pick me up, it was nice out again, so we went back down to the Street Festival, at Yonge & Bloor. It was fun to watch the Cuban band play, though we never understood a word they said. People were salsa/latin dancing on the street and some were really good...amazing! I wish I could dance like that. One other friend and I only know the basic steps, so we didn't try any dancing on the street that night.
Sunday, I went to T3C service. The sermon was about the "Existence of God" based in Genesis. I was kinda in and out of it following the sermon cuz I was kinda tired, but overall it was quite good. After service, I went back to res to have lunch. And after cleaning my room up a bit, a friend and I headed out for the Toronto Street Festival (yes, again for me). But this time, we didn't just go to Yonge & Bloor. We bought 1 Day TTC Pass that you use as a family day pass for $7.75 (for up to 2 adults and 2 children) that we could use unlimited all day until 5:30am next day. What a deal!! It's only for Sundays and Holidays.
(We didn't go to Yonge & Lawrence - the children's area)
1) Yonge & Eglington - walked around, saw a band, saw rides but didn't go on.
2) Yonge & St. Clair - celebrating arts, saw a jazz band, swing danced on the street (I can say that I've done swing dancing on Yonge St, the longest street in the Canada, world?!!! nice.), iced cap break at Timothy's Coffee.
3) Yonge & Bloor - celebrating diversity, saw varieties of bands and cultures, saw the Vietnemese water puppet show.
4) Yonge & Dundas - got there late, 7pm, everything was closing down. Ran into Andy Ho there.
We were gonna eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, but went to Planet Hollywood at Front St W (my friend had a coupon for a buy 1 get 1 free entree...nice!). We pretended to be tourists in Toronto while we were there...entertainment for ourselves...eheh.
It was a good weekend :)
Monday, I went to ICS class in the morning, then went to a free seminar on a clinical program for weight loss by Dr.Meschino, DC who specializes in nutrition as well. It was very informative and good to learn so that I'll be able to implement a program for future patients, and can do that when I have my own practice as well...~excellent~...
Went to dinner with my dad at night at Chiu Chow Koon where Big Lands is. Good dinner. Yummy and always nice.
Got back at 10pm, and had to work on a case summary due today, and I set up my NEW Lexmark printer (inkjet all in on printer, scanner, copier, fax with color and B/W)...it was only $79.99 from futureshop - ordered it online...what a deal :) It prints out a lot faster than my old printer which went at a snail speed of probably 1 page per 1-2 minutes...ridiculous! The new one prints like 10-12 ppm and it looks cool :)
My lounge in res is going to watch "Charlie's Angels 2" tonight...I don't know if I'll go...I haven't seen the 1st one, and I don't know if I'll like movies like this. But it'll be nice to get out (of the heat), and hang out with res friends so I might go. I'll have to try and take a nap first though...!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home