C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Vacation's over...
:P
Well, that's it. Holiday's over. Tomorrow morning's back to TO and back to clinic, and back to waking early and hard work again. It's been a very good vacation, and I wish it wouldn't end, but I guess reality always has to come back and show its face again.

Happy Canada Day...! My mom, dad, sister and I went to the CNE grounds for the CHIN (radio) International Picnic to see the Chinese Show. They had a singing contest, dj's singing and pretending to be older famous HK singers, and a guest HK singer Yip Zhun Tong (Johnny Yip) from the 'old days' of singers, who sang many of the famous Chinese classics...I recognized some of the songs he sang, either from watching old TV shows or karaoke or sth. He's a really good singer. My parents really really liked it. We were all so tired afterward though cuz we were standing for over 3 hours watching this show.

The rest of the evening was quiet. No fireworks this year. My brothers and my sister are out, celebrating, and watching fireworks, whereas I'm at home, watching Chinese TV shows and just vegging around. When we were kids, my dad would always buy fireworks every year and we'd set them in our backyard...we haven't done that in a couple years now...I guess we've all 'grown up' a bit now, so my dad doesn't buy them anymore (since no one's really at home anyway). Those were fun days though...watching the different fireworks we bought, then running around the yard with hand sparklers... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home