I'm at home in Burlington now. Just came home a couple hours ago. My parents are home, but other than that, my sister and brothers are out... :P so quiet in the house...wonder when they'll come home so I can chat with them...
Today was a lazy yet also productive day. I slept in FINALLY...wohooo!! (although, I awoke at 7:30am because I'm so used to it, then I made myself keep on sleeping until almost noon...nice!). So when I woke up, I knew I had to clean my room today. But first, I went to talk with some friends in res, did laundry, watched some TV, and then 3 of us girls decided to do our nails nice and pretty. I didn't get around to cleaning my room until 4pm. I cleaned it up, and also moved a whole wack of stuff to my 2nd floor office (FINALLY). Basically, I moved all my notes from the past 3 years, most my text books, and catalogues and seminar materials to my office. I will finally be able to start to really separate my work from rest. There's still some stuff to be moved, but I'll wait until I come back from vacation.
So yeah, we leave for Collingwood tomorrow. We go to Collingwood so often because that's where our timeshare unit is. Although, we can always exchange that for anywhere else in the world, I guess it's just easier to just go there. Sometimes, we exchange and go to other places like Las Vegas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Montreal, Ottawa, other up North places, and Thailand to name a few.
When I "grow up" (i.e. have a family and all that stuff), I think I'd like to have timeshare as vacation too. It's what we've grown up with, and I can see the value in it. It saves money in the long run, you get to stay in nice resort places with kitchens and laundry and nice facilities, you have options of going almost anywhere in the world, and you get 1 week every year which can be used or accumulated for a few years, and this would 'force' you to go on vacation, to get away and rest and enjoy time off with family, which is important. I don't want to be one of those people who only keep on working and saving money to hope and wait to travel when I'm retired or something...why make money that's not going to be enjoyed while you can. I'm not talking about splurging all my money on vacations and travel (it can still be wisely spent, and I believe in wisely saving and investing money), but we all need to take time off for ourselves, for vacations while we're still young and healthy.
Taking vacations and resting adds years to your life, so it's worth it.
Spending time with loved ones makes it worth it even more.
Today was a lazy yet also productive day. I slept in FINALLY...wohooo!! (although, I awoke at 7:30am because I'm so used to it, then I made myself keep on sleeping until almost noon...nice!). So when I woke up, I knew I had to clean my room today. But first, I went to talk with some friends in res, did laundry, watched some TV, and then 3 of us girls decided to do our nails nice and pretty. I didn't get around to cleaning my room until 4pm. I cleaned it up, and also moved a whole wack of stuff to my 2nd floor office (FINALLY). Basically, I moved all my notes from the past 3 years, most my text books, and catalogues and seminar materials to my office. I will finally be able to start to really separate my work from rest. There's still some stuff to be moved, but I'll wait until I come back from vacation.
So yeah, we leave for Collingwood tomorrow. We go to Collingwood so often because that's where our timeshare unit is. Although, we can always exchange that for anywhere else in the world, I guess it's just easier to just go there. Sometimes, we exchange and go to other places like Las Vegas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Montreal, Ottawa, other up North places, and Thailand to name a few.
When I "grow up" (i.e. have a family and all that stuff), I think I'd like to have timeshare as vacation too. It's what we've grown up with, and I can see the value in it. It saves money in the long run, you get to stay in nice resort places with kitchens and laundry and nice facilities, you have options of going almost anywhere in the world, and you get 1 week every year which can be used or accumulated for a few years, and this would 'force' you to go on vacation, to get away and rest and enjoy time off with family, which is important. I don't want to be one of those people who only keep on working and saving money to hope and wait to travel when I'm retired or something...why make money that's not going to be enjoyed while you can. I'm not talking about splurging all my money on vacations and travel (it can still be wisely spent, and I believe in wisely saving and investing money), but we all need to take time off for ourselves, for vacations while we're still young and healthy.
Taking vacations and resting adds years to your life, so it's worth it.
Spending time with loved ones makes it worth it even more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home