C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Runnin' again

This time around, I've signed up for classes (aka 'running clinics' ) with the Running Room to learn to run 5K. Not much km, but a good start before heading into 10K and 1/2 marathons (21K). It's good to sign up for these, cuz it really makes me go running, rain or shine. Classes and running is sheduled once a week and I've been to 2 weeks so far. I always feel good after running and just wish I ran more often. I probably need new running shoes with better support, and eventually/soon a proper new water-resistant running jacket for the (continuous Vancouver) rain to come this Fall. This past Monday, I ran with my cotton hoodie and vest...and cotton is a big No-No for any of the running attire! For most my life, I've been running in cotton-based gear :P They also have the free running sessions every Sunday at 8:30am and Wednesday at 6pm. I have yet to make it to those sessions recently. I used to go Wednesdays last year, but now my schedule is busy til >8pm on Wed, and Sundays at 8:30am is hard to either get up for or to fit in before church service. Excuses I know, but I'll have to find a way to get my extra runs in during the week!
There's no running this Thanksgiving Monday, so I'll have to run on my own or something, maybe while I'm back in T.O. for a visit this weekend. Can't wait to be home this weekend to see family and friends, and go to Fran's wedding! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home