TV on DVD
The past month of January and past while seems to filled with more TV shows on DVD. The first DVD series this month was Heroes Season 1. It was a Christmas gift :) I had only watched about 2 epidsodes during the actual first season on TV, so it was great to have it on DVD with no commercials and waiting and going crazy about what happens in the next episode. It was so addictive and engaging...and finished watching it so fast. I would be thinking about it during the day and couldn't wait to watch it after work or class at night. Now, it's Party of Five Season 1. Reminds me of high school days watching Bailey, Charlie, Julia, Claudia and Owen - they're so young! This show is not as addictive. It's enjoyable and fun to watch and great in the moment, but once one episode is done, you're not sitting there hanging on the edge of your seat going "AH!!!" like it was in Heroes. With Party of Five, there's usually a conclusion and you generally feel settled and good at the end of the episode. Previous TV shows on DVD watched were 90210 season 1...that was fun to watch. I enjoyed it and that was the season before it got all 'messy'. There's also the MacGuyver Season 1 DVD. The 1st episode was so exciting and engaging, but then by the 2nd and 3rd episode, it wasn't so engaging anymore for some reason, and I haven't watched past that yet :P Without cable (I only have a limited number or fuzzy channels), watching the shows on DVD is great! No fuzzy snow and blurry images and moving the antenna around, and no commercials, and I can pause & play anytime.
The past month of January and past while seems to filled with more TV shows on DVD. The first DVD series this month was Heroes Season 1. It was a Christmas gift :) I had only watched about 2 epidsodes during the actual first season on TV, so it was great to have it on DVD with no commercials and waiting and going crazy about what happens in the next episode. It was so addictive and engaging...and finished watching it so fast. I would be thinking about it during the day and couldn't wait to watch it after work or class at night. Now, it's Party of Five Season 1. Reminds me of high school days watching Bailey, Charlie, Julia, Claudia and Owen - they're so young! This show is not as addictive. It's enjoyable and fun to watch and great in the moment, but once one episode is done, you're not sitting there hanging on the edge of your seat going "AH!!!" like it was in Heroes. With Party of Five, there's usually a conclusion and you generally feel settled and good at the end of the episode. Previous TV shows on DVD watched were 90210 season 1...that was fun to watch. I enjoyed it and that was the season before it got all 'messy'. There's also the MacGuyver Season 1 DVD. The 1st episode was so exciting and engaging, but then by the 2nd and 3rd episode, it wasn't so engaging anymore for some reason, and I haven't watched past that yet :P Without cable (I only have a limited number or fuzzy channels), watching the shows on DVD is great! No fuzzy snow and blurry images and moving the antenna around, and no commercials, and I can pause & play anytime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home