Caller #4 for Praise 106.5 :)
On my way to a class this morning, I was listening to 106.5 Praise FM as usual (after listening to AM730 first to check traffic), and near the end of my drive, they said they were looking for caller #4 to call, and that person would get a gift certificate to a Christian bookstore in Surrey, BC. Given that the radio station is in Seattle, WA, I thought 'hey, I should just try to call for fun since the prize is local or at least in BC and not in the US. I probably won't get through, but just give it a try as there's nothing to lose really...' I rarely call radio stations (although I've tried maybe 2 times before for really really good seats to concerts I wanted to go to...but never got through). So I called the number as I parked and it rang....and then a man picked up the phone...and said 'you're my caller #4!"; it was the voice from the radio. "Really?" I said...'Yes, you are' and he proceeded to get my info to mail me the prize! Wow :) It felt great to win something and I look forward to using it to buy something at the bookstore. Very cool way to start the day!
On my way to a class this morning, I was listening to 106.5 Praise FM as usual (after listening to AM730 first to check traffic), and near the end of my drive, they said they were looking for caller #4 to call, and that person would get a gift certificate to a Christian bookstore in Surrey, BC. Given that the radio station is in Seattle, WA, I thought 'hey, I should just try to call for fun since the prize is local or at least in BC and not in the US. I probably won't get through, but just give it a try as there's nothing to lose really...' I rarely call radio stations (although I've tried maybe 2 times before for really really good seats to concerts I wanted to go to...but never got through). So I called the number as I parked and it rang....and then a man picked up the phone...and said 'you're my caller #4!"; it was the voice from the radio. "Really?" I said...'Yes, you are' and he proceeded to get my info to mail me the prize! Wow :) It felt great to win something and I look forward to using it to buy something at the bookstore. Very cool way to start the day!

1 Comments:
At 9:59 p.m.,
Clarise said…
That's so cool!! Have you gotten a book with your gift cert yet :)?
Post a Comment
<< Home