C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Monday, October 22, 2007

Whistler Weekend

The clinic I work at took us all to Whistler for the weekend; all paid for by the clinic to celebrate 5 yrs. I've been there for 2. We left Friday evening after work carpooling up and stopping once in Squamish for a Starbucks stop. When we got there, it was about 10:45pm. The chalet/house we stayed at was beautiful. The pic above is a shot of the view from the house. And inside, the living space was amazing with creative detailing that was just amazing. It's a multi-million dollar house that many dream to have. Anyhow, after arriving we went to Earls for a late-dinner/snack where I got some wings :) First night, I couldn't sleep well (plus having had some caffeine earlier)...didn't fall asleep until after 5:30am probably :P Saturday after breakfast we had team building exercises and worskhops for a few hours. Then, we went for a 5km walk and walked over to Whistler village for a little bit. Dinner was at Quattro Whistler - a fancy italian restaurant - the whole meal was great, but the highlight was dessert; a soft chocolate cake with liquid/molten lava chocolate filling and dark chocolate gelato...oh my goodness... :9 yum yum...after dinner we went back to the chalet and watched a movie, 'Inside Man' (Denzel Washington, Clive Owen). Sunday was time to go home, with another Starbucks/Subway lunch stop...I was so tired and slept most of the drive back and just lazed around for the rest of the evening at home. All in all a good trip :) I'd love to go there again for just a personal trip.
On another trip note, I'll be in TO/home next week for a visit and course for the week, and also will be back for Christmas this year! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home