books, buble, biking ...
I can't believe it's almost February...it's been just over a month since Christmas when I was at home enjoying the holidays, resting and eating lots. I was so relaxed that coming back to work and books felt like such a big difference and I think it took me longer to get used to being busy again :P
The school work and studying is piling up and quizzes and midterms start just after Chinese New Year in a couple weeks. I won't be celebrating too much of CNY though I had hoped I would get to take another vacation and go home or something, but that's not likely to happen this year because I was already home for Christmas. Schedule at work has been busy which is good. Not much of a breather these days.
But for enjoyment, I went to Michael Buble's concert 2 weeks ago (Jan 12). Been meanging to blog about that but haven't had time yet. It was amazing. That boy can sing. He's a great singer, and conversationally talking to the audience, he's funny, but sometimes 'inappropriate'...but boy, his voice is just sooo soothing and melting and great live. Sang all the favourites and I totally enjoyed the concert and would go again if I could!! I loved it when he said, 'it was so 'far' for me to get here to the stadium as I just went down 2 blocks to get here'. I know he has a house in West Vancouver and that's not too far from where I live so sometimes I wonder if he's just around the corner at the grocery store or something when he's not on tour. Haven't run into him yet! haha!
Also, tried to get back into biking last weekend. I'm so out of shape! I could barely go uphill. I'm totaly ok going flat and very slightly uphill, but anything steeper than that for any longer than a few seconds, it's hard. I was better last year when I was biking and running more regularly, but these days I'm sitting on my butt more often than moving around and so my heart and muscles aren't so in shape. I've really got to make some time to exercise more. I enjoy it (especially when I can handle it more!).
I can't believe it's almost February...it's been just over a month since Christmas when I was at home enjoying the holidays, resting and eating lots. I was so relaxed that coming back to work and books felt like such a big difference and I think it took me longer to get used to being busy again :P
The school work and studying is piling up and quizzes and midterms start just after Chinese New Year in a couple weeks. I won't be celebrating too much of CNY though I had hoped I would get to take another vacation and go home or something, but that's not likely to happen this year because I was already home for Christmas. Schedule at work has been busy which is good. Not much of a breather these days.
But for enjoyment, I went to Michael Buble's concert 2 weeks ago (Jan 12). Been meanging to blog about that but haven't had time yet. It was amazing. That boy can sing. He's a great singer, and conversationally talking to the audience, he's funny, but sometimes 'inappropriate'...but boy, his voice is just sooo soothing and melting and great live. Sang all the favourites and I totally enjoyed the concert and would go again if I could!! I loved it when he said, 'it was so 'far' for me to get here to the stadium as I just went down 2 blocks to get here'. I know he has a house in West Vancouver and that's not too far from where I live so sometimes I wonder if he's just around the corner at the grocery store or something when he's not on tour. Haven't run into him yet! haha!
Also, tried to get back into biking last weekend. I'm so out of shape! I could barely go uphill. I'm totaly ok going flat and very slightly uphill, but anything steeper than that for any longer than a few seconds, it's hard. I was better last year when I was biking and running more regularly, but these days I'm sitting on my butt more often than moving around and so my heart and muscles aren't so in shape. I've really got to make some time to exercise more. I enjoy it (especially when I can handle it more!).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home