The "Altruistic" Peace Lily saves the air that I breathe
I had new carpet put into my new place last Monday. Ever since Monday, there has been an extremely strong chemical-glue odour that is just repulsing and has caused me headaches, sinus congestion, achey joints and made me irritable even with continuous airing out of my apt; up until Saturday. On Saturday, D did some research on removing VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from the air. In the end, we found that the Peace Lily plant has the best results for absorbing VOCs (benzenes, triethylene chlorides, and formaldehyde) according to several research studies including those done by NASA, reporting that the plant absorbs from 50-70% of the VOCs in about 2 hrs of being exposed to it in the air. Amazing! So I got 2 plants and put them in my place, along with a Bionair air purifier. After 1 night, it significantly reduced the strong smell subjectively. It's still there, but at least the air feels more breatheable and I can sleep through the night without worrying.
In addition to those, I've had to up my supplements/vitamins and take my greens plus daily detox supplement more consistently to make sure I am as healthy as possible to deal with all those chemicals and can get rid of them from my body. I've also gotten back to swimming and using the saunas more regularly, which will improve lymphatic drainage and enhance cleansing of my body systems. I think after I get back from my TO trip, I'll do some more involved cleanses to further improve my health.
I had new carpet put into my new place last Monday. Ever since Monday, there has been an extremely strong chemical-glue odour that is just repulsing and has caused me headaches, sinus congestion, achey joints and made me irritable even with continuous airing out of my apt; up until Saturday. On Saturday, D did some research on removing VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from the air. In the end, we found that the Peace Lily plant has the best results for absorbing VOCs (benzenes, triethylene chlorides, and formaldehyde) according to several research studies including those done by NASA, reporting that the plant absorbs from 50-70% of the VOCs in about 2 hrs of being exposed to it in the air. Amazing! So I got 2 plants and put them in my place, along with a Bionair air purifier. After 1 night, it significantly reduced the strong smell subjectively. It's still there, but at least the air feels more breatheable and I can sleep through the night without worrying.
In addition to those, I've had to up my supplements/vitamins and take my greens plus daily detox supplement more consistently to make sure I am as healthy as possible to deal with all those chemicals and can get rid of them from my body. I've also gotten back to swimming and using the saunas more regularly, which will improve lymphatic drainage and enhance cleansing of my body systems. I think after I get back from my TO trip, I'll do some more involved cleanses to further improve my health.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home