C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Sunday, December 03, 2006

snow and wedding

Well, first off - Congratulations to Serena & Mike who tied the knot yesterday :) What a beautiful wedding! There was a light snow fall during the day for this winter wonderland wedding.

Before I came back for the wedding here in TO, there was a crazy snow storm in Vancouver just last weekend when my mom was visiting. It was a lot of 'fun' driving around up and down the twirly snow-covered roads during the initial and continuous snow fall. It snowed so much that there were blackouts everywhere from trees fallen over onto electrical wires. I was out of electricity (and heat) for 24 hrs. When I went to sleep that night on Mon last week, it was SO cold I slept with 4 blankets. The heat came back on early in the morning and I woke up wondering why I felt SO hot now...? sleepy and dazed, I realized the heat came back on and thanked God for bringing back the electricity and heat. And just the week before it rained so much that and had to boil our water or have bottled. We really take for granted all these functioning and convenient lifestyles. Can you imagine if we didn't have electricity, heat and water for more than just a day? I think it would be mayhem. The hard core campers would have equipment and experience to survive for a while, while the rest of the people panic and pray. And eventually, we'd all be the same.

Anyhow, back to a happy note - the wedding was a lot of fun yesterday. It was great to see the bride & groom get married and exchange personal vows that I felt were very much personal to them. It was a union and like a re-union at the same time. I saw sooo many old friends there yesterday and had a great time catching up with everyone; friends from Mac and friends from T3C. Some I haven't seen probably since 2000 when I graduated from Mac. I happily surprised and excited to hear that a number of old friends and acquaintances had good news to share - of engagements, pregnancies, new babies etc. Wow...such huge personal lifetime milestones! It really seems like everyone (well, not everyone, but many) around me are moving on in these stages of life. I guess that's just the norm of life and I'm seeing it more and more since I'm just a couple years shy from my 3rd decade of life.

Makes me wonder about my life.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:07 a.m., Blogger ebrian said…

    Hey, I'm sorry you weren't able to make it out on Sunday.. it was a really good worship time! Have a safe trip back!

     
  • At 2:01 p.m., Blogger C said…

    thanks...
    maybe next time I'm back I'll go.
    trip back here was good - had 3 seats to myself on the plane so I slept sideways across 3 seats when I got tire :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home