C-ME in BC

Remember to take time to breathe; to appreciate all the beauty created by God around us; to be thankful for all the blessings; to love

Saturday, October 07, 2006

October updates

It's cooling down here, though the weather's been nice so far - not too much rain yet. It's Saturday of the Thanksgiving long weekend here and I'm sitting here at work just before the day gets rolling. This time of year right now feels more reflective for me since it's Thanksgiving, around the time of my birthday and it's Fall (a season of change); and according to the Chinese calendar - the Mid-Autumn Mooncake festival yesterday. Last year around this time I remember wrapping things up in ON, having a huge b'day/going away party, and packing and moving and transitioning. Much has changed in this past year with just moving here - being 'on my own' pretty much for the first time in my life. It's been a rollercoaster experience so far and I'm learning a lot.

What lies ahead for the next year for me? Well, I've renewed my contract with the clinic here so far, and the other nd has returned from maternity leave so now we'll both be working here (me 4 days, her 2 days). I've also added a 2nd clinic to work from and will be starting Oct 19 - it's more my own practice/business there, working out of the centre, rather than for the centre (i.e. I'm my 'own boss') there and I'll be starting 1 day a week and hopefully increasing as I go. I'm very excited about this one and am learning a lot already!

What else...well, I'll be traveling to LA next weekend for my cousin's wedding and I'll see my whole (immediate) family there too! It's been about 2 years since all 6 of us have been together. (My bro is back in ON from Japan, and now I'm the only one 'away from home'). It'll be good and interesting to have us all there.
My next visit to TO will be in early December (for a friend's wedding) to complete the 6 again. I miss my family and friends in ON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home